none
Powershell - Adding Shared Calendar to favorites RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have followed this guide

https://www.quadrotech-it.com/blog/create-a-company-shared-calendar-in-office-365/

And created a company-wide shared folder.

I need to add this calendar to everyone's Outlook, which is done by adding it as a favorite in Outlook.

After I am adding it to favorites, it would also show in the OWA which is what I want...

However, I need to add this for 100+ users. Is there a Powershell script or any other way to get this calendar show up for everyone?

Thursday, June 27, 2019 3:58 PM

All replies

• Nope. Adding to Favorites is a client-side operation, PowerShell cmdlets don't cover it. You might be able to do it with some EWS-based script, but I don't have one handy.
    Thursday, June 27, 2019 6:56 PM
  • Hi Shimshey,

What's your current environment, Exchange 2016 or Exchange Online?

Based on your description, I understand that you want all users could add and review the shared calendar through Outlook or OWA. With my research, there's no related commands or script to add public folders to Favorites. As a workaround, you could try the following methods:

Share an Outlook calendar with other people

Share your calendar in Outlook on the web

How to open a shared calendar from an Outlook sharing invitation

Regards,

Kelvin Deng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, June 28, 2019 5:27 AM
  • We are Exchange Online.

What I am trying to accomplish is for HR to create a calendar for company closure dates and have all users share access to view them, I don't want to send multi-step instructions for all users.

Friday, June 28, 2019 2:17 PM
  • Hi Shimshey,

You could use methods in my last reply that assigning all users 'reviewer' permission to the shared calendar. Then the users just open and review the shared calendar in their Outlook clients, without multi-step instructions.

Regards,

Kelvin Deng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 12:55 AM
  • EWS and C# is your friend in this case. As mentioned, no native PS available for this task. 

NOTICE: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 2:44 AM
  • Hi Shimshey,

I am writing here to confirm with you how the thing going now?

If you need further help, please provide more detailed information, so that we can give more appropriate suggestions

Regards,

Kelvin Deng

Friday, July 5, 2019 7:55 AM