Remove Workflow History and Associations from List Items RRS feed

• Question

• Our company recently deployed a new web part that updates the list values for two custom field types. Unfortunately when another company employee created a workflow that is ran after list item has been changed the View and Edit Item pages are no longer accessible. I looked into the issue for a bit and found hundreds of workflow ran or started when the page is reloaded. I need to remove the workflows the web part created. I checked the log files and received the "Some parts of you SQL statement is nested to deeply" error message. I know what I need to do, remove the workflow create by the web part but not sure how to do it. I tried the "Workflow List" delete approach and that did not work.
    Thursday, March 17, 2011 6:01 PM

Answers

• Hello,

You can follow this process to remove ALL running instances of that workflow (repeat ALL!):

• Make sure you have a copy of the workflow available in SharePoint Designer (SPD)
    • Remove the workflow from the list
    • All running (and orphaned) instances of the workflow have been removed
    • If you still want to use the workflow for that list, go to SPD, open the workflow and click finish, this will redeploy the workflow

I hope that helps!

Tom

Tom Molskow - SharePoint Architect - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award - Linked-In - SharePoint Gypsy
    • Marked as answer by Peng Lei Friday, March 25, 2011 3:36 AM
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 8:38 PM