none
Arranging large data groups RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

Any help would be welcome. I have large data that when a user logs in I only want them to see what is relevant to them. I know you can do this on permissions on library's. But it would be a huge job adding users to different libraries. 

Wondering is there another way to group users and data that is just relevant for them. Once I have the data organized I would need to kick off a workflow that does the below. 

1. User A drops a template into a library
    2. This triggers an email off to User B alerting them the template is in
    3. User B then adds content to the template
    4. User B sends it off to user C to review/Comments
    5. User C sends back comments or approves
    6. Once approved and email will go to User D who can add comments and also reject/approve
    7. Once user D has marked it as approved the workflow ends

Thanks in advance, 

Monday, April 30, 2018 2:54 PM

All replies

• Hi,

We are currently looking into this issue and will give you an update as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, May 1, 2018 9:03 AM
  • Great thanks Dean
    Tuesday, May 1, 2018 10:46 AM
  • Hi,

1. No workaround. You need to set permissions manually depend on your requirement.

2. You can create two workflows in this library.

One workflow is to send email to User B and set to be triggered when a new item is created. Another one is to send approval task to two users:

Best Regards,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, May 3, 2018 9:16 AM