none
Error creating Edge subscription RRS feed

• Question

• Attempting to resubscribe our Edge Transport server. I ran the command on the Edge successfully and copied the file to the mailbox/hub server.

Running the command on the hub I get...

The clock setting of this machine isn't synchronized with the clock setting of the Edge Transport server you are
    attempting to subscribe. Make sure the clocks of all Exchange servers inside your organization and your Edge servers
    are synchronized.
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (:) [New-EdgeSubscription], InvalidOperationException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : [Server=EX16-MBX1-NJ-PR,RequestId=eb80dbe4-b962-4960-87db-febaa20e054d,TimeStamp=7/17/20
       19 3:48:06 PM] [FailureCategory=Cmdlet-InvalidOperationException] BDAB608A,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemCon
      figurationTasks.NewEdgeSubscription
        + PSComputerName        : ex16-mbx1-nj-pr.mcap.off

Name resolution is working in both directions.

Can ping in both directions.

Firewall ports are open and tested.

Clocks are in sync.

I've generated a new self-signed cert on the Edge and made it the default for SMTP.

Tried two different mailbox/hub servers in the site.

Same error every time.

Before I rebuild my Edge server from scratch just wondering if someone knows a fix for this?

Than you.

Kenny

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 3:58 PM

Answers

• I was able to get this working by setting the VM that the Edge runs on to sync with an external time source. The hub was syncing with AD but the Edge is not on the domain. Even though the clocks were within less than 2 seconds of each other I still got the error. Once they we completely in sync it worked.

Kenny

• Marked as answer by Kas333 Tuesday, July 23, 2019 12:12 PM
    Tuesday, July 23, 2019 12:12 PM

All replies

• Hi Kenny,

Did you ping the IP address or FQDN on Edge server and mailbox/hub server?

Please check and try to recreate the DNS host record for your Edge server, and clear the DNS cache on mailbox/hub servers:

ipconfig /flushdns

Try to restart the Microsoft Exchange Active Directory Topology Service on Mailbox server, and restart Microsoft Exchange ADAM Service on Edge server.

If recreating the DNS record and restarting services don't work for you, try to add an entry of the Edge server's IP and FQDN in the hosts file on mailbox/hub server. Locate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts, and copy the hosts file to other place to edit it with Notepad. Add the IP and FQDN of the Edge server, save the modification and replace the previous hosts file:

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 18, 2019 6:58 AM
  • I was able to get this working by setting the VM that the Edge runs on to sync with an external time source. The hub was syncing with AD but the Edge is not on the domain. Even though the clocks were within less than 2 seconds of each other I still got the error. Once they we completely in sync it worked.

Kenny

• Marked as answer by Kas333 Tuesday, July 23, 2019 12:12 PM
    Tuesday, July 23, 2019 12:12 PM