none
Site Feed fails with "Something went wrong" for other users than site collection creator

    Question



  • Something went wrong
    SharePoint returned the following error: The operation failed because an internal error occurred. Internal type name: Microsoft.Office.Server.Microfeed.MicrofeedException. Internal error code: 61. Contact your system administrator for help in resolving this problem.

    Strange thing is, that this "Site Feed" thing works for the user that created the site collection, but not for other users. I tried adding other users to Site Collection administrator group, but no luck.

    Where do i go from here? what logs should i log for? I've found other posts regarding "Site feed" error, but cause / Error code is different.


    /Frederik Leed



    Wednesday, April 17, 2013 10:19 AM

All replies

  • Hi Frederik Leed,

    I'm having the same issue, it look's like has something to do with the user permissions, what kind of authentication are you using?

    Kind regards,

    Diogo Moura

    Monday, May 6, 2013 9:24 AM
  • I think i'm just using NTLM.  Funny thing is that it's working for the user that created the site, but not for anyone else, regardless of permission level.

    Have you had any luck resolving the issue?


    /Frederik Leed

    Tuesday, May 7, 2013 7:20 AM
  • I'm having the same error and issue. Did anyone figure it out?
    Tuesday, June 4, 2013 6:01 PM
  • The issue was the User Profile Service Application, had not been granted full control for the account that was running the service (i.e. service apps account).

    check this post hope so you will get it :)

    Tuesday, June 4, 2013 8:39 PM
  • I am facing this issue too, any solution for your case yet?

    Thank you. Regards, Kâpeng

    Thursday, June 13, 2013 8:45 AM
  • Hi FrederikLeed,

    I have also faced the same issue of Microfeed Exception code 61 , and to overcome this issue
    the user must have a user profile and a My Site in SharePoint Server 2013. 

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj219700(v=office.15).aspx

    Since Microblog features, feeds, and the Distributed Cache depends upon both the My Site Content Databases and site content databases. 
    Perhaps you might not have created My Site for the web application, Create My Site of the required web application.

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee624362(v=office.15).aspx

    Hope this helps you and also share your result on this.

    kalpit

    Please remember to mark the replies as answers
    • Proposed as answer by kalpit panwar Saturday, November 1, 2014 2:12 PM
    Saturday, November 1, 2014 1:56 PM