Problem accessing shared mailbox after Exchange 2010 to 2016 migration RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm currently migration my company who has Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2016. So far so good, I have migrated 50 user mailboxes and it works fine.

However, I started migrating 3 shared mailboxes yesterday, and I encountered the following problem: users hosted on 2010 having mailboxes full access rights on those 3 shared mailboxes could no longer access them in Outlook. It still worked in OWA.

Users already migrated on 2016 could still access them in Outlook/OWA.

After a few investigation, I finished by rebooting one of my 2 Exchange 2016 server, and it worked almost instantly in Outlook for my 2010 hosted users.

Any ideas/solution to this behavior ? Seems like a replication issue or something like that

Thanks in advance

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 6:20 AM

Answers

• Hi,

By default, we can't open any other mailbox on 2010 servers if the accessing user's mailbox is already on 2013 or higher.

For your question, we need move the principal's and each delegate's mailbox to the same Exchange Server version.
    Or move shared mailbox back to 2010, and try to change InternaClientlAuthenticationMethod and ExternalClientlAuthenticationMethod to NTML in Outlook Anywhere setting for testing. More details for your reference:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2834139

If you have completed move all mailbox to Exchange 2016, then you can start move shared mailbox.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Allen_WangJF Tuesday, August 2, 2016 12:45 PM
    • Marked as answer by Allen_WangJF Saturday, August 6, 2016 12:04 PM
    Wednesday, July 27, 2016 7:36 AM

All replies

• Please refer to this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/kb/3078404

Also check this earlier thread.

Hope this helps!

Migrate mailboxes, Public Folders, Outlook profiles and rules and GAL etc. to-and-fro Exchange Servers and Office 365 with LepideMigrator for Exchange

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 7:56 AM
  • Thanks but I dont think it is related to my problem. First link is for Exchange 2013 (I'm using Exchange 2016 CU1) and second one is only calendar related.
    Tuesday, July 26, 2016 8:56 AM
  • As a workaround, you can try Exchange Remote Connectivity Analyzer Tool to test outlook connectivity and autodiscover, check if there is any error information, and that will helps to resolve this issue. Also, you should check if there are any related logs in exchange 2016 servers.

Migrate mailboxes, Public Folders, Outlook profiles and rules and GAL etc. to-and-fro Exchange Servers and Office 365 with LepideMigrator for Exchange

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 9:24 AM
  • Hi,

By default, we can't open any other mailbox on 2010 servers if the accessing user's mailbox is already on 2013 or higher.

For your question, we need move the principal's and each delegate's mailbox to the same Exchange Server version.
    Or move shared mailbox back to 2010, and try to change InternaClientlAuthenticationMethod and ExternalClientlAuthenticationMethod to NTML in Outlook Anywhere setting for testing. More details for your reference:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2834139

If you have completed move all mailbox to Exchange 2016, then you can start move shared mailbox.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Allen_WangJF Tuesday, August 2, 2016 12:45 PM
    • Marked as answer by Allen_WangJF Saturday, August 6, 2016 12:04 PM
    Wednesday, July 27, 2016 7:36 AM