none
Microsoft Outlook Uknown Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a user who's getting an error that pop up randomly while working on his Outlook. The error is "Microsoft Outlook Unknown Error". See attached image below.

I also checked our Event Viewer and found this logged. See attached image below.

Any advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

SC Support

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 4:10 PM

All replies

• Hi SC,

>> I have a user who's getting an error that pop up randomly while working on his Outlook. 

So you mean the error message pop up ”randomly“, this makes it difficult to find the root cause of the problem. Usually users will encounter this issue when they are deleting items, or exporting something...

Given this situation, please try the suggestions below and see if they work.

1. There could be some add-ins in your Outlook client that cause this issue, so it is suggested to start your Outlook in safe mode (Press Win + R, type “outlook /safe”, press Enter.) and work for a while and see if the issue continues.
    2. Please try creating and using a new Outlook profile via Control Panel > Mail > Show profile and see if there is any difference.
    3. Besides, it is also suggested to temporarily turn off your antivirus software to check if the issue will be gone, because some antivirus programs perform email scanning which may cause this issue.
    4. If the solutions above don't work, please repair your Office installation.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 22, 2019 2:16 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 26, 2019 9:13 AM