none
Microsoft Excel Hyperlinks changed Drivers (Broken Hyperlinks)

Question

• I am now using Microsoft Excel 2010. I lost all my PDF links and discovered that the hyperlinks has been changed drivers from our server-driver (Drive T) to my personal hard-drive (Drive C). As I remember, I saved and closed all my workbooks before I left work. Now, it's just all says "Cannot open specified file" and I noticed that all links has been changed to C:\... which is strange. I had my workbook back-up 2 months ago and when I copied and pasted it on the same folder as my broken excel sheet, the links worked.

I already filled the "At startup, open all files in:" section and it didn't fixed my excel sheet.

I hope someone can help me with this as I have to add a lot of links (over a thousand) if I use my excel back-up.

Many thanks!

• Edited by MMretroo Saturday, November 11, 2017 6:06 AM
    Saturday, November 11, 2017 6:04 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please provide a few sample of hyperlinks (real string) in your Excel sheet in order for us to check them
    Regards,

Ashidacchi

Saturday, November 11, 2017 7:07 AM
  • Hi MMretroo,

Does this issue only occur to the PDF links?
    How about other types of documents?

As has mentioned by Ashidacchi, it would be better that you can provide some sample links then our community members can help you better.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 20, 2017 10:43 AM