none
Excel 2007 Stock Quote Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to set up automatic stock quotes in excel.  I have Office 2007 for Vista. I was able to download the MSN stock quote add-in and it shows up under add-ins.  My problem is when I set the specific stock up through the wizard I'm getting #Value! instead of a price. I researched it through the troubleshooting on the MSN site, but the issue is the add-in is for excel 2002-2003 compatible with 2007 and all the instructions are for the tool bar configuration in 2003, not 2007. So I'm having an extremely hard time figuring out where the tool bar dropdowns are. Some of them don't even exist anymore.  Here's what I know about my problem:

1. I went into security settings and temporarily allowed "all" external data access to see if it was a security setting issue. That didn't help.

2. I'm able to click through to MSN money site by using the "get external data through the web" so it's not a web access issue.  

I need a set of trouble shooting instructions configured to the 2007 menu configuration.  

Saturday, June 7, 2008 6:25 PM