none
Error Office11ShipAssert in Outlook 2010 SP2

Question

• Good Day,

About a week ago after I applied SP2 give or take I started getting the following error (listed below) in the app event log and the error repeats itself over and over again.  I have repaired Office with no luck.  It appears to be related to Outlook from what I can see from the event log yet I can't even find what Office11ShipAssert is so I am not sure what I am looking for.

If anybody has any idea what this is or how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.

The system is fully patched and I am connected to a exchange 2010 SP2 server.  I do not appear to be having issues just these errors that keep coming back.

Thank You

Adam Raff

Log Name:      Application
    Source:        Microsoft Office 14
    Date:          3/3/2014 12:36:18 PM
    Event ID:      5000
    Task Category: None
    Level:         Information
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      AdamR64.xxxxx.net
    Description:
    The description for Event ID 5000 from source Microsoft Office 14 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Office11ShipAssert
    6xk3

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
      <System>
        <Provider Name="Microsoft Office 14" />
        <EventID Qualifiers="49152">5000</EventID>
        <Level>4</Level>
        <Task>0</Task>
        <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
        <TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-03-03T17:36:18.000000000Z" />
        <EventRecordID>61665</EventRecordID>
        <Channel>Application</Channel>
        <Computer>AdamR64.xxxxxx.net</Computer>
        <Security />
      </System>
      <EventData>
        <Data>Office11ShipAssert</Data>
        <Data>6xk3</Data>
        <Data>14.0.7015.0</Data>
      </EventData>
    </Event>

then I would get the following error

-------------------------------

Log Name:      Application
    Source:        Windows Error Reporting
    Date:          3/3/2014 12:36:20 PM
    Event ID:      1001
    Task Category: None
    Level:         Information
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      AdamR64.xxxxx.net
    Description:
    Fault bucket 8096914, type 21
    Event Name: Office11ShipAssert
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: 6xk3
    P2: 14.0.7015.0
    P3:
    P4:
    P5:
    P6:
    P7:
    P8:
    P9:
    P10:

Attached files:
    C:\Users\AdamR\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\ShipAsserts\outlook.exe.6xk3.dmp
    C:\Users\AdamR\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\ShipAsserts\outlook.exe.6xk3.cvr

These files may be available here:
    C:\Users\AdamR\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\NonCritical_6xk3_cae7bb3efd629b7aa754c7bce3d3e93e0a6fd93_1196ca6f

Analysis symbol:
    Rechecking for solution: 0
    Report Id: 531db1d4-a2fa-11e3-9ef1-842b2b9a1d57
    Report Status: 0
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
      <System>
        <Provider Name="Windows Error Reporting" />
        <EventID Qualifiers="0">1001</EventID>
        <Level>4</Level>
        <Task>0</Task>
        <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
        <TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-03-03T17:36:20.000000000Z" />
        <EventRecordID>61673</EventRecordID>
        <Channel>Application</Channel>
        <Computer>AdamR64.xxxxxx.net</Computer>
        <Security />
      </System>
      <EventData>
        <Data>8096914</Data>
        <Data>21</Data>
        <Data>Office11ShipAssert</Data>
        <Data>Not available</Data>
        <Data>0</Data>
        <Data>6xk3</Data>
        <Data>14.0.7015.0</Data>
        <Data>
        </Data>
        <Data>
        </Data>
        <Data>
        </Data>
        <Data>
        </Data>
        <Data>
        </Data>
        <Data>
        </Data>
        <Data>
        </Data>
        <Data>
        </Data>
        <Data>
    C:\Users\AdamR\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\ShipAsserts\outlook.exe.6xk3.dmp
    C:\Users\AdamR\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\ShipAsserts\outlook.exe.6xk3.cvr</Data>
        <Data>C:\Users\AdamR\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\NonCritical_6xk3_cae7bb3efd629b7aa754c7bce3d3e93e0a6fd93_1196ca6f</Data>
        <Data>
        </Data>
        <Data>0</Data>
        <Data>531db1d4-a2fa-11e3-9ef1-842b2b9a1d57</Data>
        <Data>0</Data>
      </EventData>
    </Event>

Monday, March 03, 2014 6:05 PM

Answers

All replies

• Try to run Outlook in safe mode to avoid any Outlook add-ins interrupt (Application level). Or perform a clean boot in Windows to avoid 3rd party application/service conflicts. (system/service level)

In most of this case, it is caused by incompatibility add-ins or services, such as Google Desktop and Business Connectivity Services.

Type "Outlook.exe /safe" in Win + R feature.

Perform a clean startup to determine whether background programs are interfering with Outlook: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796/en-us

Tony Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 5:50 AM
  • Hi and thanks for the help

I am still verifying what add-on it may be I think it's the Exchange Add-on from what I can tell it was the last one that I had on and it was still bugging out.  I have now turned off all of them and still testing.  I will get back to you in a day or two once I can verify that no more errors appear.

Adam

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 3:42 PM
  • I am experiencing the same issue on a Windows Server 2008 R2 fully patched with Outlook 2010 and Adobe Acrobat. I have already figured it had to do with Plugins and disabled them 4 business days ago. The errors continue and I am getting several hundred a day. I do also have issues where Outlook is crashing. I bring up Adobe Acrobat due to my users reporting that when the hit send PDF as attachment from Adobe appears to trigger Outlook crashing and I suspect this error is tied to it. This happens with or without the Adobe Acrobat Plugin enabled.

Thanks in advance for advice received.

Jason

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 6:45 PM
  • Hi,

As of right now I still have the problem I went in and slowly disabled all my add-on and I am still getting the same error.

When I went into safe mode yesterday I thought it fixed it but I guess I was wrong which is why I was disabling the add-on one at a time to see which one was causing the issue.  I believe the SP2 is causing the issue with outlook as I never had this problem before.  I am at the point that I may have to remove SP2 (I understand this was buggy anyway for 2010)  I found the follow which is a wry file perhaps if somebody can help figure out what it means it would be a great help.

Version=1
    EventType=Office11ShipAssert
    EventTime=130385170645103870
    Consent=2
    UploadTime=130385170645103870
    ReportIdentifier=71f1de7e-a492-11e3-9ef1-842b2b9a1d57
    Response.BucketId=8096914
    Response.BucketTable=21
    Response.type=4
    Sig[0].Name=Problem Signature 01
    Sig[0].Value=6xk3
    Sig[1].Name=Problem Signature 02
    Sig[1].Value=14.0.7015.0
    DynamicSig[1].Name=OS Version
    DynamicSig[1].Value=6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
    DynamicSig[2].Name=Locale ID
    DynamicSig[2].Value=1033
    UI[2]=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\OUTLOOK.EXE
    Sec[0].Key=No2nd
    Sec[0].Value=2
    State[0].Key=Transport.DoneStage1
    State[0].Value=1
    FriendlyEventName=Non-critical error
    ConsentKey=Office11ShipAssert
    AppName=Microsoft Outlook
    AppPath=C:\Windows\System32\DWWIN.EXE

I am not sure what to do next except uninstall and try to reinstall office from scratch and see if that fixes the problem.

Adam

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 7:23 PM
  • Hi,

I thought perhaps my OST file may be damaged so I renamed that and had it resync I still had problems.  right now I am back in safe mode.  I am testing to see if I get more errors again.  when I was in normal mode I only had the following add-in working enabled Exchange add-in, OneNote and one other for Outlook all others were disabled and I still had the above errors.

Does anybody have any other ideas or am I best to uninstall Office and then reinstall with just SP1 and see how that goes?

thanks

Adam Raff

Thursday, March 06, 2014 6:28 PM
  • Hi Adam,

I'm experiencing the same issue for few days now, and the only thing I did, was updating Kaspersky Internet Security to the 2014 version.

Do you have KIS or KAV 2014 ??

Errors seem to appear every 15min (when outlook is syncing accounts) and vary from 1 to 5.

I don't have an Exchange account, only 2 POP mails and an Outlook.com.

I also have a shared gmail calendar (with more than 1800 elements).

• Edited by Ultraboss Saturday, March 08, 2014 11:38 PM more clues
    Saturday, March 08, 2014 11:28 PM
  • No,

I do not have any of those programs.  I connect to an Exchange server only with no links to outside email accounts.

In your case you may want to uninstall Kaspersky and test to see if the problem goes away.  There may be a conflict with outlook and the antivirus add-on you can test in safe mode to see if the issues continue.  If not the first thing I would turn off is the agent or add-on for your virus vendor in your email client.  

Have you added SP2 of late? 

I also wanted to notify this group that I have copied this message to the Outlook group too.  Since this is an Outlook issue.

I will keep checking here and for those who have responded thanks for your help.

Adam Raff

Monday, March 10, 2014 2:04 PM
  • This is a "me too" post.

Win7x64, Office 2010 SP2, Office 2013 Lync, Microsoft Security Essentials.  Exact same application event logs with:

Office11ShipAssert
    6xk3

Office 2010 SP2 installed on 2/14.  Event logs started occurring on 2/25.  Office 2013 SP1 installed on 3/3.  Use both Exchange 2010 SP2 and IMAP accounts.

This morning noticed constant high cpu usage from Outlook and the blue spinning circle quickly showing and hiding.  Turns out, outlook was going nuts by the looks of the Application Event Log as it was being recorded thousands of times:

Monday, March 10, 2014 6:35 PM
  • I'm running with the Office 2010 SP2 since 2/13 and errors happened on 3/2, whether 4 days after I've updated to KIS 2014.

Since a while, I regularly notice an high cpu usage (1 full thread), but only for my user (2 users on my pc using outlook 2010).

Errors have stopped since 3/4 for my 2nd user... but have come back yesterday just for the afternoon, when it have closed its rdp connection.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 12:53 PM
  • Hi,

This is mostly caused by issue due to Adobe. You need to repair adobe and check again. if issue is still seen then you might need to update the adobe pdf and check for the issue again.

We have seen these issues and removing adobe / repairing adobe has fixed the issue.

If the issue is still seen then I would appreciate if you can open Phone Support case with us so that we can work with you to resolve the issue

To open phone support case you can contact Microsoft Customer Central on 1-800-936-4900 . Alternately you can also visit our website http://support.microsoft.com/oas to create the phone support case

Hope this helps

Thanks

Friday, March 14, 2014 1:41 AM
  • This issue may be mostly caused by Adobe, but it's not entirely caused by Adobe, because a repair of Acrobat did not have the desired result.

Perhaps something else is going on. Whatever it is, it's really annoying.

I should note, however, that the cause is not SP2. This error only started recently, but I've had SP2 installed for quite a while.

Monday, March 17, 2014 2:21 PM
  • I've tried to repair the last version of adobe acrobat installation, but I still have the errors...
    Tuesday, March 18, 2014 9:43 AM
  • I've also started getting this after the last patch Tuesday and yes it is very annoying... Looking on the net, one can see many people are reporting this. It looks like Microsoft launched a bad update. I've installed a system image from before last Tuesday and it was fine... I then installed the updates and it started again.

Adobe has nothing to do with it, turning off add ins has nothing to do with it.

• Edited by dlp619 Tuesday, March 18, 2014 11:18 AM
    Tuesday, March 18, 2014 11:15 AM
  • Hi,

This is mostly caused by issue due to Adobe. You need to repair adobe and check again. if issue is still seen then you might need to update the adobe pdf and check for the issue again.

We have seen these issues and removing adobe / repairing adobe has fixed the issue.

This is not the solution.   

Adobe 11.0.6 repaired, outlook 2010 relaunched and the errors are still getting logged.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 11:45 PM
  • OK so I've been running Office SP2 since it first came out however long ago (long time) that was and never had this problem.  After this last patch Tuesday is when this all started for me. 

I uninstalled the 5 downloads from last Tuesday and still the problem persisted.  

On a hunch and because it seems to be the common factor, I then uninstalled SP2... the problem stopped. 

I reinstalled SP2 and the problem began again. 

I uninstalled SP2 and reinstalled the 5 downloads from patch Tuesday and the error has not regenerated.  (Coincidently? My system overall seems to be running smoother and faster)

So apparently SP2 may be buggy?  I guess the 5 downloads triggered something.

Can anyone else confirm this goes away after you uninstall SP2?

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 11:43 AM
  • I will second that Adobe seems to have nothing to do with it, starting at the top of the thread this morning and using my own pc as a dogfood box.  I repaired the Adobe X Pro install and rebooted and launch outlook, no difference...also should note I didn't have Adobe installed last week when I noticed the entry in event viewer on three different pc's.  So looking to wipe this bug out quickly, I uninstalled the 2010 SP2, rebooted, ran it three times, and verified no repeat entry w/outlook open for 30mins...having found it will create the entries upon running outlook about immediately.  Then proceeded w/reinstall of SP2, rebooted, and have not noticed any further entries yet today, about 4 hours now.  So it would seem, that just letting SP2 make it's registry entries last is making it happy.  Wanted to share my experience thus far, Good Luck!

**wanted to add an update, I went out and performed this same procedure on another user's pc that is having a ton of errors, including the 5000 and this has stopped it on hers as of 2 hours ago.  (Confirmed via mmc remote connect to her pc)

• Edited by superg33key Wednesday, March 19, 2014 10:13 PM
    • Proposed as answer by superg33key Wednesday, March 19, 2014 10:13 PM
    Wednesday, March 19, 2014 7:50 PM
  • That doesn't work for me.  The moment I reinstall SP2 I start getting the errors again.  As long as I leave it uninstalled, then I'm fine.
    Thursday, March 20, 2014 11:39 AM
  • To throw another weirdness into this, I have a RDS server that is showing the same messages. SP2 has been installed since 11/23/2013, but we have not performed any other updates or installs on the server since that time. These messages started showing on 2/23/2014 in the Event Logs.

In regards to a possible Adobe issue, we only have Adobe Reader on the server and it was updated, and then the server rebooted. The messages are still showing this morning.

Bruce 

Thursday, March 20, 2014 1:47 PM
  • Hi,

If the issue is still seen then I would appreciate if you can open Phone Support case with us so that we can work with you to resolve the issue

To open phone support case you can contact Microsoft Customer Central on 1-800-936-4900 . Alternately you can also visit our website to create the phone support case

Hope this helps

Thanks

This is not the answer... Microsoft you haven't posted here in a week.  How about some direction?
    Thursday, March 20, 2014 2:20 PM
  • Running a repair on Office 2010 with SP2 does not resolve the issue either.
    Thursday, March 20, 2014 4:35 PM
  • My computer's first instance of this problem occurred on February 27, 2014 a little after 8 pm EST. It was not long after an update of K-Lite Codecs. Given that past instances of this problem have implicated .NET, I repaired .NET--twice, in fact. No joy.

The date on C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\ShipAsserts\manifest.txt file (and the containing folder, ShipAsserts) keeps changing from day to day, but the manifest.txt document itself contains 0 bytes.

I have either uninstalled and reinstalled or repair-installed all Adobe installations on my machine. I've also randomly uninstalled/reinstalled/repair-installed several other programs that were run around the same times as the errors have appeared. No help there.

One thing I noticed is that during the couple of days I reset IE as my default browser, there were fewer errors, but as soon as I went back to Chrome, they multiplied.

SP2 predates the problem by months. (Edited to add: SP2 postdates the problem by 2 weeks. I don't know what I was looking at before, but SP2 was actually installed on 3/11/14.) The problem began a couple of weeks after the February patches rolled out and a couple of weeks before the March updates. 

It's as if the issue came out of nowhere. I would very much like it to go back where it came from.

Thursday, March 20, 2014 4:42 PM
  • Yep seemingly has come out of nowhere.  It's like I posted I've had SP2 installed since it first came out waaaaay back when, but my issues started some time in the last week.  I do note however other people saying beginning to late Feb.  I was in the process of moving then so maybe I just didn't notice it until last patch Tuesday (3/11). 

Either way uninstalling SP2 will stop the errors.  One person has said they were able to reinstall SP2 on two computers and no errors... I am not that fortunate but I am very annoyed. 

• Edited by dlp619 Thursday, March 20, 2014 5:11 PM
    Thursday, March 20, 2014 4:59 PM
  • I was able to fix the problem by uninstalling the following updates from Feb

One of these is a Outlook update so that may be the one I just uninstalled all three and as of yesterday no issues.  I have started adding my add-on again.

Adam

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 8:42 PM
  • That may have worked for one person, but it is not the answer.
    Tuesday, April 22, 2014 11:04 PM