outlook imported your data but skipped some records RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Sir,

When we are importing .pst file into MAC book (Outlook 2016) then we are getting error (outlook imported your data but skipped some records).

I request you to, please help us to resolve the issue on priority.

Thanks,

Ravindra Singh 

Friday, July 24, 2020 8:06 AM

All replies

• Hi Ravindra ,

What's the version of your Outlook? (Outlook > About Outlook). Please make sure you have upgraded your Outlook to the latest version.

>> When we are importing .pst file into MAC book (Outlook 2016) then we are getting error.
    Can this .pst file be opened or imported to Outlook for windows client normally? 

I did tests in my environment, imported a .pst file to Outlook for Mac(16.39 20071300) and found that it could work fine. To confirm if your issue is related to this specific pst file or your Outlook client it is suggested to try import other .pst files and see if the issue has any difference.

>> outlook imported your data but skipped some records.

I did some research about this error message, however, it seems that this error is mostly related to importing identity from Outlook 2011 to Outlook 2016 for mac which is not same as your issue. 

If the .pst file can work fine in Outlook for windows client, I'm afraid that the issue might be related to your Outlook for Mac client. As I know, corrupted outlook profile may cause issues like this, please try to creating and using a new Outlook profile and see if it works.

Besides, considering that creating a new profile may cause inconvenience, as a workaround, you can import the .pst file to exchange account in Outlook for windows. And then those items will be synced to Exchange server and you can get them by adding the exchange account to your Outlook for Mac client.

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to the sticky post for more details.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Monday, July 27, 2020 2:35 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. If you have any further updates on this issue, please feel free to post back.

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to the sticky post for more details.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Friday, July 31, 2020 9:47 AM