none
Lync Status shows Presence Unknown RRS feed

• Question

• We have Lync 2013 in our environment(Onpremise only) with SFB Clients. Recently I have been seeing that the users presence shows Unknown. When I see the contact Card, it has 2 IM Addresses. When I check the users msrtcsip-primaryuseraddress, it is set correctly. The ProxyAddresses has the right SIP Address mentioned. 

When I double-click the user, sometime the presence appears, but some time it stays in Presence unknown.

I wanted to let know that there was a sip domain that was removed and few users belonging to that sip addresses were changed to the existing default sip addresses. One such user is also affected, where I could see an old SIP Address with old sip domain and new SIP Address. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 5:20 AM

Answers

• hi Karthick, 

When you search for the user , try to search with the sip URI in the search tab and see how the users presence is showing up . The two sip URI which you see might be cause of an incomplete Address book dowload , can you go ahead and update them with the following process

Here are some suggestions.

a.  Navigate to  “X:\share\1-WebServices-1\ABfiles\000000000\000000000” folder, copy them to another folder and delete the files within this folder.

b. Run Update-CsUserDataBase to force Back-End to re-read all the user-related information stored in Active Directory Domain Services.

c. Run Update-CsAddressBook  and then check if the new files are generated.

d. Delete local cache files on client computer.

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\UserName@Domain.com

Registry Key: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\UserName@Domain.com

e. Sign in Lync to see whether the client is able to download the offline file.

f: Check and see if the presence is corrected for the users.

Linus

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 3:33 PM

All replies

• hi Karthick, 

When you search for the user , try to search with the sip URI in the search tab and see how the users presence is showing up . The two sip URI which you see might be cause of an incomplete Address book dowload , can you go ahead and update them with the following process

Here are some suggestions.

a.  Navigate to  “X:\share\1-WebServices-1\ABfiles\000000000\000000000” folder, copy them to another folder and delete the files within this folder.

b. Run Update-CsUserDataBase to force Back-End to re-read all the user-related information stored in Active Directory Domain Services.

c. Run Update-CsAddressBook  and then check if the new files are generated.

d. Delete local cache files on client computer.

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\UserName@Domain.com

Registry Key: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\UserName@Domain.com

e. Sign in Lync to see whether the client is able to download the offline file.

f: Check and see if the presence is corrected for the users.

Linus

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 3:33 PM
  • Hi Karthick-Ap,

It can be caused by out-of-date outlook contacts, if it is the issue, then you can try to correct the email and IM address in the Outlook contact and sign out and back in to the Lync 2013 client.

Please refer to the link below:

http://blog.insidelync.com/2013/09/lync-2013-presence-issues/

And you can also try to create a new Cspresencepolicy or reapply existing policy once again .Once you are done , logoff from Lync and delete the contact and add it again .

Here is a similar case may help you:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/cfa558bc-9f5e-494b-bf55-485899b61bf3/presence-status-unknown?forum=ocsmanagement

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Sunday, May 29, 2016 1:01 PM