none
Wrap Text in Title of SharePoint 2013 Calendar RRS feed

• Question

• I'm migrating a site to SharePoint 2013 and I've got a very particular user who wants the full title of each event in a calendar to fully display. How do I do that?

Monday, November 10, 2014 5:16 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, you might want to display the full title of each event.

As there is no such OOTB feature can meet your requirement, I won’t suggest you do the customization(using JavaScript or CSS) like this cause it would be conflict with the original design of the Calendar list view, a possible influence is that the full display style would not work with other elements of the same Calendar, the built-in effects of the whole calendar view would also get harm.  

If you want to implement something like an overview of all the events in the full-text style, I would suggest you switch to “Day” view which should enable a detailed look of each event by day.

Feel free to reply if there is still any question about this requirement.

Best regards,

Patrick

Patrick Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 11:21 AM
  • Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your suggestion.  I will offer it to the user and hopefully it will be good enough for them.  I definitely don't want to cause problems with the calendar's design, but where would I find the CSS or JS files to modify?

Thanks

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 5:17 PM
  • Hi,

Though it is not recommended to modify the built-in CSS or JS files, the two links below with code demos would provide some useful ideas:

http://www.codeproject.com/Tips/759006/Enhancing-SharePoint-Calendar-sp-ui-applicationpag

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/19755.sharepoint-customize-calendar-events-using-javascript.aspx

Best regards,

Patrick

Patrick Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 1:49 AM