none
Outlook terminal services scripts error 2711 RRS feed

• Question

• i ahve installed outlook 2007 on a terminal service system... this is a fresh new build of Server2008R2. I have installed the enterprise vault addin for outlook. i am getting the error

"microsoft office outlook cannot provide scripting support"

I have tried to run the fix listed here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928516/

however when i run the command in step 2 i get this error

"Error 2711. An internal error has occured (outlookvbscript            )"

i have uninstalled and reinstalled office, ran all office updates but nothing seems to work.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010 5:14 PM

Answers

• Tried that, no go.

Turned out to be an issue with the GUID i was using... apparently how they say to get it was the wrong GUID key, i had to go somewhere else in the registry to get it.

• Marked as answer by tgif Thursday, September 30, 2010 1:41 PM
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 1:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

To resolve this issue, run the Microsoft Windows Installer CleanUp utility to remove the Windows Installer registry settings, and then reinstall Office. To do this, follow these steps:

Download, install, and then run the Windows Installer CleanUp utility to remove the Windows Installer registry settings associated with your products installation.

For additional information about how to download, install, and use the Windows Installer CleanUp utility, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/

Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility

To use the Windows CleanUp utility, follow these steps:

Click Start, point to Programs, and then click Windows Installer Clean Up.

Select the program that you want to remove, and then click Remove.

Click OK, and then click Exit.

Note Because the Windows Installer CleanUp utility removes Windows Installer related registry settings and not the program files,

make sure that you install your program in the same folder it was originally installed in to prevent duplication of files on your hard disk.

Run the Office Setup program to reinstall Office.

Regards,

Harry Yuan

Thursday, September 30, 2010 7:50 AM
  • Tried that, no go.

Turned out to be an issue with the GUID i was using... apparently how they say to get it was the wrong GUID key, i had to go somewhere else in the registry to get it.

• Marked as answer by tgif Thursday, September 30, 2010 1:41 PM
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 1:41 PM
  • If you're still around, can you possibly fill in what the correct GUID was or at least where in the Registry you found it?
    Thanks!
    Monday, February 3, 2014 10:11 PM
  • Way too late, but might aswell answer since I found it.

• HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 8:37 AM