none
DAG problem RRS feed

• Question

• HI All,

I have 2 nodes on DAG. Now the DAG can not start cluster on EX2

EX1 - maibox database1

EX2 - mailbox database2

The EX2 cannot start cluster, i try many case ex: restart service. Force start DAG....

The DAG can not start, mail EX1 only receive, can not sent email to internet (Ex: gmail, yahoo...)

It's make the message: "The server has tried to deliver this message, without success, and has stopped trying. Please try sending this message again. If the problem continues, contact your helpdesk." 

"The server will keep trying to deliver this message for the next 1 days, 19 hours and 50 minutes. You'll be notified if the message can't be delivered by that time."

So, i would like to decide remove the DAG. But it warning must remove mailbox database before....

I very worry about this problems, could you please help me fix or remove DAG integrity, but two servers still work independently as before.

Thanks,

Tony.

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 7:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What is the SourceTransportServers you have set  in send connector. 

Run below command and check.

Get-SendConnector | fl SourceTransportServers

Add working server in send connector and check.

HP

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 1:07 PM
  • Hi Hardik,

The Send connector, I am configuring to itself.

Thanks,

Tony

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 1:06 AM
  • Hi Tony,

You can use command below to remove a DAG node from DAG directly:

Remove-DatabaseAvailabilityGroupServer -Identity DAG -MailboxServer EX2 -ConfigurationOnly
    About this mail issue, it more like related with send connector, you can try to remove them, then create a new one.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 7:32 AM
  • Hi Kyle,

I found the problems for rule Anti Spam, it's reject my mails send to internet...

Thanks for your feedback,

Tony.

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 7:52 AM
  • Hi Kyle,

I found the problems for rule Anti Spam, it's reject my mails send to internet...

Thanks for your feedback,

Tony.

Glad to see that you find the root cause, I would suggest you mark it as an answer with could help other users to narrow down the similar problem.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 8:00 AM