none
SCOM management pack - Synthetic transaction monitoring RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Guys,

We have a SCOM 2007 R2 CU3 infrastructure and also a Lync 2010 environement. So I installed the Lync 2010 management pack, the lync servers are well discovered, but I've got a problem with the Synthetic transaction monitoring.

I following the documention of the MP, here my error message when SCOM agent executes the command :

ST.ps1 : 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -Script Name:   Lync Server MP Synthetic Transaction Execution
    -Run as account:  nt authority\network service
    -Execution Policy: Bypass
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lync Server Module is added
    Executing 'Test-CSIM' synthetic transaction.

Test-CSIM synthetic transaction execution completed for xxxhq.dev.xxx-group.com
    Result:

TargetFqdn : xxxhq.dev.xxx-group.com
    Result   : Failure
    Latency  : 00:00:00
    Error   : This machine does not have any assigned certificate.

Diagnosis : 

Workflow Instance Id 14bc6c6c-45d8-41e9-b9b2-fe8560694bec, started.
    'Register' activity started.
    Sending Registration request:
    	Target Fqdn   = xxxhq.dev.xxx-group.com 
    	User Sip Address = sip:gmso2@xxx.com 
    	Registrar Port = 5061.
    Auth Type 'Trusted' is selected.
    'Register' activity started.
    Sending Registration request:
    	Target Fqdn   = xxxhq.dev.xxx-group.com 
    	User Sip Address = sip:gmso1@xxx.com 
    	Registrar Port = 5061.
    Auth Type 'Trusted' is selected.
    An exception 'This machine does not have any assigned certificate.' occurred during Workflow Microsoft.Rtc.SyntheticTransactions.Workflows.STP2PIMWorkflow execution.
    Exception Call Stack:  at Microsoft.Rtc.SyntheticTransactions.SyntheticTransactionCollaborationPlatform.ReadCertificate()
      at Microsoft.Rtc.SyntheticTransactions.SyntheticTransactionCollaborationPlatform.CreateAndInitializeServerPlatform()
      at Microsoft.Rtc.SyntheticTransactions.SyntheticTransactionCollaborationPlatform.get_ServerCollaborationPlatform()
      at Microsoft.Rtc.SyntheticTransactions.Activities.RegisterActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)
      at Microsoft.Rtc.SyntheticTransactions.Activities.STActivity.Execute(ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)
      at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutor`1.Execute(T activity, ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)
      at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.CompositeActivityExecutor`1.Execute(T activity, ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)
      at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutor`1.Execute(Activity activity, ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)
      at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutorOperation.Run(IWorkflowCoreRuntime workflowCoreRuntime)
      at System.Workflow.Runtime.Scheduler.Run()

'UnRegisterActivity' activity started.
    'UnRegisterActivity' activity completed in '0.0003388' secs.
    'UnRegisterActivity' activity started.
    'UnRegisterActivity' activity completed in '4.66E-05' secs.

Workflow Instance Id 14bc6c6c-45d8-41e9-b9b2-fe8560694bec, completed.
    Workflow Execution Time (sec): 0.124992

Read Result False From Regkey [Path=HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Real-Time Communications\ST Execution History\xxxhq.dev.xxx-group.com\Test-CSIM Property=STResult]
    Wrote [Result 634346664015952960;False] To Regkey [Path=HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Real-Time Communications\ST Execution History\xxxhq.dev.xxx-group.com\Test-CSIM Property=STResult]
    Read Result False From Regkey [Path=HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Real-Time Communications\Health\InternalAlerts Property=[xxxhq.dev.xxx-group.com][Test-CSIM][]]
    Wrote [Result 634346664016372855;False] To Regkey [Path=HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Real-Time Communications\Health\InternalAlerts Property=[xxxhq.dev.xxx-group.com][Test-CSIM][]]

I don't understand with certificate I need to install ? 

Thank you

Bests Regards

Christopher

Christopher Keyaert - My OpsMgr/SCOM blog : http://www.vnext.be
    • Moved by Ben-Shun Zhu Thursday, March 3, 2011 8:17 AM incorrect queue (From:Monitoring, Archiving and Compliance)
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 1:28 PM

Answers

• I finally found the solution, it's because you have to install the Lync Server Replica, and that cannot be done on the Lync monitoring server. So you really have to use a new fresh install server to use it as ST Watcher Node.
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 3:12 PM

All replies

• I finally found the solution, it's because you have to install the Lync Server Replica, and that cannot be done on the Lync monitoring server. So you really have to use a new fresh install server to use it as ST Watcher Node.
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 3:12 PM
  • I would like to know if System Center 2012 can support Synthetic Transaction monitoring. what i need is that the SC 2012 will have to capture the synthetic transactions being generated by the third party generator. These transactions captured by SC 2012, will have to provide transaction breakdown time between Web, App and DB layer’s and give over all End User experience.

Can any one suggest how SC 2012 will handle such requests? how to set it up? what KPI will SC 2012 do today for synthetic transaction monitoring.

please email me the response to martin_michael@hotmail.com or michael.2401@gmail.com

Michael Martin

Monday, November 25, 2013 12:04 PM
  • Follow the below link :- http://lyncme.co.uk/microsoft-lync-server-2013/installing-and-configuring-lync-2013-the-watcher-node/

Thanks and Regards Zeeshan J Mohammed

Thursday, December 29, 2016 10:16 PM