none
Do we need to software scan for client side development in JavaScript, JScript, CAML, ... RRS feed

• Question

• Do I need to do code scanning if I do client side coding such as JavaScript, CAML, Jscript...?  If yes, is there anything available from Visual Studio? What do you recommend? 

Monday, November 18, 2019 8:09 PM

All replies

• Hi Sara-101,

Yes, It's a good idea if you do the code scanning. I remember using Veracode in one of my projects and later I came to know that it does not give you SharePoint specific and could not bring any SharePoint specific intricacies. I am not sure about any visual studio plugin but you can check this link - https://rencore.com/blog/how-often-scan-sharepoint-applications-vulnerabilities/

K Mohit

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 5:04 AM
  • Hi Sara,

If you want to do client side coding, it's necessary to do code scanning in time to find out the existed issue/error in the code snippet.

But as JavaScript code mainly executed in Browser, it's better to do code scanning with Browser Developer Tool (F12) rather than Visual Studio:

Get Started with Debugging JavaScript in Chrome DevTools

And for CAML Query snippet, suggest to build with CAML Designer which is a smart tool to build CAML automatically:

CAML Designer 2013 For SharePoint

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 5:18 AM
  • Hi Sara,

Would you please provide a update of this question ? If the replies are helpful to this question, I suggest you could Mark as answer so that it could also help other in the forum.

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, November 28, 2019 9:48 AM