none
Calendar Overlay how to retain colors when filtering SharePoint 2013 Online RRS feed

• Question

• I need some help here.

I have created a color coding calendar and i have view created based on a category etc .. and all worked well. But the the problem is when i click on the view it doesn't retain the colors and shows me only the default calendar view i created. I can i achieve this.

Thanks in Advance

• Edited by Patrick.I Monday, October 20, 2014 7:18 AM
    Monday, October 20, 2014 7:18 AM

All replies

• Hi Patrick, how did you apply the "color coding" and what type of view did you create? Could you provide screenshots? 

cameron rautmann

Monday, October 20, 2014 5:30 PM
  • Hi Cameron,
                   I created views based on a category field and then created calendar overlays baed on those views.
    The view i created were all calendar views as when i first created standard view it didn't show up when creating a calendar overlay.

The only problem i'm facing is when i click on a view i created showing up in the left quick launch menu where the default calendar is it isn't going to the view but just the default calendar and the default color

Hope this makes sense its not retaining the views and the colors selected when i did the overlays

Cheers

Thanks in Advance

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 11:59 AM
  • I checked it out on my end and everything works fine. Not sure what you're missing:

1. Created a calendar & added events.

2. Created a second calendar and added events.

3. Created a view on the first calendar and then added the overlay of the second calendar.

4. Copied the URL of the new calendar overlay view and added it to the left nav.

5. Clicked the link and it works.

Check your link to see if it matches the link of the view you created. I suspect the link in your navigation is pointing to the default calendar and not the view.

cameron rautmann

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 12:28 PM
  • Thanks Cameron I noticed you created 2 calendars.

I only used one.I added the calendar overlay to the existing calendar and of course i can only have one default view which is pointing to the default calendar(the only one)

Can i use one calendar for color coding as this is the calendar thats is currently being used?

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 2:19 AM
  • I only created a second calendar because I didn't have two to work with. So, it doesn't matter that you're using an existing one to overlay. My questions are: Where is the second calendar coming from? Is it a SharePoint calendar or Outlook? When you talk about color coding, are you using the out of the box colors for the original calendar and the overlay, or are you custom coding the colors?

cameron rautmann

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 1:34 PM
  • Hi Cameron,
                   Thanks for the reply.
    Not using any second calendar only using as i mentioned earlier.Yes im using out of the box colors no custom coding at all.
    My issues is when i click on the view or select a view its doesnt retain the link to the view in on the quick launch despite that the link to the view in the browser is correct and the colors dont show up but the view shows the right items

Hope i'm clear.

Cheers

Thursday, October 23, 2014 1:33 AM
  • Please see some images here to demonstrate my problem.

This is the default calendar view with color coding Default view

This is a sample holiday view Holiday View

When I click on the views it does take me to the view( I can see the url) but the link is not retain so the same is the colors.

Cheers

Thursday, October 23, 2014 6:37 AM
  • Hi,

I am writing in to see if there is any update regarding this issue.

Best Regards,

Linda Li
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 8:27 AM
  • Hi Linda,
             No update ad yet?
    Can you help?

Let me know if you do understand my problem..(Look at my previous posts)

Thanks

Thursday, November 13, 2014 12:54 AM