none
Outlook 2016 - Office 365 Problems RRS feed

• Question

• Our users use Office 365 (Plan 1) for their email.  They were all on Outlook 2013 or earlier until a few weeks ago when we replaced an older machine with a new Dell workstation that came with Office 2016 Home & Business.  We never had a problem until Outlook 2016 came into use.  Since then it's been nothing but trouble on the Outlook 2016 computer..

• OWA works fine.
      • The computer is, basically, pristine.  It is used by the owner and all he uses is Outlook.
      • This OST file is probably 18 GB
      • All MS updates have been applied.
      • The first Outlook 2016 profile worked for 2 - 3 weeks, then stopped.  
      • We get this message:  "outlook cannot log on.  verify you are connected to the network and are using the proper server.  The microsott exchange information service in your profile is missing required information.  Modify your profile to ensure that you are using the correct Microsoft exchange information service.".
    • 2nd profile didn't work, ever.
    • Office was uninstalled and reinstalled
    • 3rd profile worked for a week.
    • 4th profile worked for less than an hour.
    • Office 365 Support & Recovery Assistant was run.  This might be what destroyed Profile #4.
    • Profile 5 was created about 15 hours ago and is still working at this point.

I spoke with a tech at Office 365 support who told me, among other things, that autodiscover is correct and that the servers are correct as well.

We have more Outlook 2016 computers coming in, so this problem needs to be resolved.

Friday, December 11, 2015 5:19 PM

Answers

• Hi Steve,

Please confirm if the issue persists in Outlook Online mode (with Exchange Cached mode unchecked). Also restart Outlook in safe mode to have a try.

If the issue persists in Outlook Online mode and safe mode, please check the autodiscover service for the Outlook connectivity:
    https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/

Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 14, 2015 6:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Steve,

Please confirm if the issue persists in Outlook Online mode (with Exchange Cached mode unchecked). Also restart Outlook in safe mode to have a try.

If the issue persists in Outlook Online mode and safe mode, please check the autodiscover service for the Outlook connectivity:
    https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/

Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 14, 2015 6:29 AM
  • Hi Winnie & Steve.

We are an IT company that deploys Office 365 across our client base.

We are experiencing the exact same problems ever since the 2016 release.

It appears to be totally random - across different OS and different customers.

The autodiscover test confirms that it is setup correctly.

I have not tested turning off cache mode as once the problem occurs you can not access the profile to make any changes. Running in online only mode is not an option for my customers

We need a urgent patch from MS or an option to downgrade to office 2013.

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 7:42 AM
  • Hey, it's 2019.  I have Outlook 365 and will not connect to Exchange 2010.  The laugh is, my iPhone connects first go, my mac running Outlook 365 connects first go, Microsoft Mail connects first go.  The MicroSoft Connectivity Analyser gives all the green ticks.  Try outlook 365 - error after error.  Tried on another Windows 10 PC, same issue.  Given up on that program, it is just terrible. 
    Tuesday, May 28, 2019 3:07 PM