none
Sharing Excel Workbook Online RRS feed

• Question

• I have a small web tool in an excel spreadsheet. I want to share this online so people can enter their own values and get their own results out but everything I try seems to edit the master copy too. Is there any way I can share this workbook online so the public can access a blank version of this workbook that they can edit personally, but doesn't save.
    Saturday, July 16, 2016 7:54 PM

All replies

• Hi Yaxell,

Based on your description, I wanted to ask you several questions about your problem.

1. >>web tool << Is this a custom add-in in Excel?

2. Where did you want to share the file? Via OneDrive, SharePoint or third-party web sites?

3. What's the meaning of >>can edit personally, but doesn't save.<<

I'm not very understanding the requirement for sharing Excel files online

Please be a bit more precise to explain your requirement or you can upload a screenshot so that I can get more accurate solutions to this problem. I’m glad to help and follow up your reply.

Regards,

Emi Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 18, 2016 8:11 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.

I could have phrased my question better. It's simply a spreadsheet that I want to share on a public subreddit (online community) so each person who clicks on the link can input their own data (stats for a game) and a result is shown. All the ways I've tried to do this (an edit link, google sheets) edits it so the next person can see all the information that the previous person has inputted. I want to make it so it is blank every time someone clicks on the link.

Unfortunately I cannot post an image as my account is not verified

• Edited by Yaxell Tuesday, July 19, 2016 5:07 PM
    Tuesday, July 19, 2016 4:58 PM