none
How to run Microsoft Fix It 50416 (Office 2003 Uninstall) Unattended or Silent? RRS feed

• Question

• We're doing a large upgrade from Office 2003 to Office 2010 with SCCM 2007, & it's mostly working well. We have some machines where the Office 2010 install does not remove Office 2003 & that causes problems, mostly with Outlook. If I manually run the Fix It 50416 to remove 2003, & rerun the Office 2010 install, it works great. Is there a way to run the fix it program unattended or silently without user interaction? I've tried a number of the usual msiexec options, but no joy yet.
    Friday, October 22, 2010 4:59 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Try this:

1. Open a cmd and change directory to %windir%\system32

2. Then type “msiexec /i MicrosoftFixit50416.msi /quiet”  

More Installer command lines, refer to this:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa372024(VS.85).aspx

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Thursday, October 28, 2010 7:49 AM
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 7:09 AM
  • Hello.

I tried to do so. But nothing happened.
    msiexec.exe started and ended with nothing done.
    What else can I try?
    Monday, November 1, 2010 2:15 PM
  • Hi,

I have the same problem. We want to deploy Office2010 to about 7000 Clients with Office XP. On these clients the installation works mostly fine. But ... We have about 700 Clients with corrupted installations of Office 2003 and/or Project 2003 so I have to use Fixit50416 before installing O2010. I tried and I tried but there will be no success, if the Fixit is running in silent mode. That's very sadly :(

What can i do?

Greetings

Tom

Thursday, January 20, 2011 9:31 AM
  • Hi,

I am having the same issue as Forsaken. When running normally, the fixit works great, however the silent mode doesnt do anything and seems to just exit a few seconds after it is started. The command line above seem to work fine for other fixit msi's but not the office uninstall.

Any help would be appreciated.

Friday, March 11, 2011 4:56 PM
  • I've done it the following way:

1)Run FixIT msi

2)Oress Accept & Next

3)Do not press next Next :) - go to %TEMP% instead

4)In TEMP you'll find Fixit folder with offscrub03.vbs script

5)Copy this script to your location

6)Cancel setup. Fixit folder will be removed

7)Now write your own script (i wrote .cmd batch file) to do the following:

7.1)Create Fixit dir in %TEMP%

7.2)Copy offscrub03.vbs to that dir

7.3)Run wscript "%TEMP%\Fixit\offscrub03.vbs" ALL

I've discovered two problems BTW:

1) Some removal procedures require restart

2) Some removal procedures do not remove all components (i.e. Office Pro plus gets removed and script quits, leaving Proofing tools and Visio uninstalled) Second execution removes left components

3) Batch file command line is returned after script starts - looking for a way to suspent batch execution until script ends

Saturday, April 2, 2011 6:07 PM
  • For Office 2010 in Windows 7, OffScrub10.vbs is in C:\Users\%User%\AppData\Local\Temp\Fixit

• Edited by farrellj Wednesday, February 20, 2013 5:28 PM
    Wednesday, February 20, 2013 5:27 PM