Sharepoint group calendar and limits overlay RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've created a group calendar on sharepoint in order to show me in a unique page the events of many other calendars lists that are my projects. The view that I need is exactly the view provided by group calendar with People on the lines and dates in the columns with the events on crossing lines x columns. Now, I'm facing a limitation on sharepoint of maximum of 10 calendar lists on group calendar.

Please, is there any work around to increase this limitation ?

Thanks a lot for any help on this issue.

Luis Werneck

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 4:57 PM

Answers

• Hi Luis,

The max calendars limits in SharePoint overlay is hard coded to be 10 and cannot be modified, if there are over 10 calendars, additional group calendar would be suggested, the following thread shows the similar issue, please refer to it for more information:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sr-sp-latn/sharepoint2010general/thread/a8d2ef90-f893-44aa-80fb-e680f46f62ce

Thanks,

Qiao Wei

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Qiao Wei Friday, October 12, 2012 4:58 AM
    Wednesday, October 3, 2012 7:54 AM
  • Hi Qiao, 

Thanks for your prompt reply. The adoption of another group calendar will bring me the need to develop a way to manage the project's calendars into the groups, so I prefer to spend this time on create a WebPart that can give me the view that I need. 

Thanks a lot. 

Luis

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 11:26 AM

All replies

• Hi Luis,

The max calendars limits in SharePoint overlay is hard coded to be 10 and cannot be modified, if there are over 10 calendars, additional group calendar would be suggested, the following thread shows the similar issue, please refer to it for more information:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sr-sp-latn/sharepoint2010general/thread/a8d2ef90-f893-44aa-80fb-e680f46f62ce

Thanks,

Qiao Wei

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 7:54 AM
  • Hi Qiao, 

Thanks for your prompt reply. The adoption of another group calendar will bring me the need to develop a way to manage the project's calendars into the groups, so I prefer to spend this time on create a WebPart that can give me the view that I need. 

Thanks a lot. 

Luis

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 11:26 AM
  • Luis Werneck, 

good afternoon.

You got this problem resoolver the calendar? as resolved?

thank you
    Wednesday, March 6, 2013 5:35 PM