none
Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2010 - ESD / DVD ISO

General discussion

• Regarding Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2010 - ESD / DVD ISO - Notes Updated + Last Edited - (November 25th, 2011)

Here is my TechNet Forums solution that I've solved & posted here on the TechNet Microsoft Office for IT Professionals Forums, Office 2010 Setup and Deployment - (Jan 14th, 2011) for (Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2010 - ESD / DVD ISO) – text pasted below:>

Please note:>Microsoft Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2010 is not fully compatible with the ATI Radeon HD 3000 onboard graphics nor with any ATI Radeon HD & above PCI-e Graphics cards - nor fully compatible with Nero Multimedia Suite 10 Platinum HD - Nero release - Nero_PlatinumHD-10.6.11800.

This is due to AMD machines' ATI Catalyst Control Center software installing the later Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable - 10.0.30319 version which is which does not seem to be backwards compatible nor compatible with Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 which is also installed by Nero Multimedia Suite 10 Platinum HD - Nero release - Nero_PlatinumHD-10.6.11800. Microsoft Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2010 installs Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express (MSSMLBIZ) installers & Office 2010 Updates installs Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2. These different Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express (MSSMLBIZ) installers, & Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 & Microsoft SQL Server 2005 products clashes with the other once installed!

Please Note:> Microsoft Outlook 2010 & BCM 2010 are not compatible with Windows Live Essentials 2011 nor with CorelDRAW X5 & ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre 5 - v5.0.1.87 either once any of these Office 365/2010 products are installed! To get round both these CorelDRAW X5 & ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre 5 - v5.0.1.87 compatibility problems install both CorelDRAW X5 & TotalMedia Theatre 5 - v5.0.1.87 prior to installing  Office 365/2010

After multiple beta testing out Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 software together with Business Contact Manager 2010 fully installed - I've found that Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 software together with Business Contact Manager 2010 - it´s possible to re-install nor update the ATI Radeon HD 6570 graphics drivers once BCM 2010 has been installed. Here´s what to do! Firstly un-install the ATI Catalyst Control Center software & also un-install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable - 10.0.30319 or the updated Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 drivers as well - then do proceed to install the new ATI Catalyst Control Center drivers which will also re-install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable - 10.0.30319 again - then go to Windows Update to update the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable - 10.0.30319 drivers. Please note that Office 365/2010 & BCM 2010 are not compatible with Windows Live Essentials 2011 as both these software products does seem to have some sort of a conflict with the other etc. Also if CorelDRAW X5 is installed, don´t un-install it as you´ll not be able to deploy Outlook 2010 again!

After un-installing the Internet Explorer 9, & logged back into Windows 7 Enterprise with IE 8 and I still got the Outlook 2010 load error message. I think that this error is possibly due to a profile issue or something else. Hopefully after viewing all those Windows 7 installed updates and after I had fully un-installed the IE Beta browser all references for that new browser are not anywhere within my O/S.

I did later that night do a full clean install of Windows 7 Enterprise with Office Professional Plus 2010 and see if that helps. Failing that then the issue could point to possibly Microsoft Security Essentials as that is fully installed upon my Norwegian system.

After fully completing my clean re-install of Windows 7 Enterprise again but this time without the Windows live Essentials 2011 installed and I've found no troubles thus far even though that I have also fully installed the complete Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 software together with Business Contact Manager 2010 and the other Office 2010 products (Project Professional 2010 & Visio Premium 2010) etc.

Once the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition [ENU] has been installed it either interferes or causes conflicts with the later/newer Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express (MSSMLBIZ) installers, or visa-versa.

Therefore both Windows Live Essentials 2011 with its Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition [ENU], and the Microsoft Outlook 2010 with its add-on Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2010 with the later/newer Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express (MSSMLBIZ) installers are not compatible with the other!

- It's either Windows Live Essentials 2011, or Microsoft Outlook 2010 with Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2010 but not both. So don't install Windows Live Essentials 2011 as this freebie software should be set to be hidden from the Windows 7 Updates and not installed withinWindows 7 operating system at all, if installing any Office 2010 products/suites.

So in order to get your Microsoft hotmail/Windows Live Essentials 2011e-mail, you will need to download the OutlookConnector.

Download details Outlook Hotmail Connector 32-bit

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=24677

Download details Outlook Hotmail Connector 64-bit

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=21305

and install the Microsoft OutlookConnector which allows you to get all your Microsoft hotmail/Windows Live Essentials 2011e-mail through yourMicrosoft Outlook 2010 program!

Once either Office Standard 2010/Office Professional Plus 2010 has been fully installed with Outlook 2010 & Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2010 has also been added-on to Office 2010 afterwards then Office 2010 clashes with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition [ENU] that is installed by Windows Live Essentials 2011, as these two different software products does have some sort of a conflict with the other etc.

Please Note:> One thing I've found is that the BCM 2010 add-on does not seem to like, is any encrypted hard disc! As an encrypted hard disc seems un-do the fix for it, so rather get a Microsoft expert to sort this out should you require an encrypted hard disc for usage with BCM 2010.

After completing further “Beta Tests” on Windows 7 Enterprise:>I've found a practical solution to Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2010 add-on feature! Only have say a hand-full of computers installed with Microsoft Office Standard 2010/Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 together with Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2010 installed for full usage upon non-encrypted machines. As for all rest of those computers, those are to be setup without the Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2010 add-on option asBCM 2010 should be left out for all those computers which require hard disc encryption. This option would then allow the full usage of either Microsoft Office Standard 2010/Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 upon encrypted drives without any troubles.

Please note -Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2010 is not to be deployed upon any Encrypted Computer Systems:>- (BCM 2010) does not seem to like any encrypted hard discs for some reason or another! As an encrypted hard disc seems un-do the fix I've found, by re-creating these Outlook 2010 load up start/exit errors each time!

Once either Office Standard 2010 or Office Professional Plus 2010 installation has fully completed, and that the Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2010 has also been installed, then when deploying Outlook 2010 for either e-mail/Business Contact Manager usage, expect to receive less than (5) Outlook 2010 load up start/exit errors in total with this fully installed Office 2010 product prior to installing the Windows 7/Office 2010 Updates. After all the Office 2010 Updates has also been fully applied, and the computer/s system/s have been re-booted, there should be no further more Outlook 2010 load up start/exit errors with Outlook 2010 upon any non-encrypted computer/s system/s!

NB:> Once Outlook 2010 has been fully installed, should either sending / receiving all e-mail fail, then the need has arisen to re-test out your Outlook 2010 e-mail configuration settings once again. You can send yourself anther “Microsoft Outlook Test Message” from within the Outlook 2010 e-mail configuration settings, by clicking upon “Test Account Settings”, to check if the “Microsoft Outlook Test Message” shortly returns with either a success/failure message. This is to check all those details/settings are perfectly correct for e-mailing usage with Outlook 2010! – Should the test message returns with a success message, then all is okay. If the test message returns with a failure message, then call your ISP support quickly for help!

Microsoft Outlook 2010 maximum default size for e-mail attachments = 20MB. This 20MB default size can be increased up to any suitable given size. Gmail/Sky has a set maximum size of 25MB for e-mail attachments = 25028 Kilobytes, as these ISP’s don’t allow large e-mail attachments over 25MB to be sent out. For info on how to increase the Microsoft Outlook 2010 maximum default for e-mail attachment size, you'll need to use the Microsoft Help/Support sites for help with regards to this matter.

How to set the new MaximumAttachmentSize of 25MB within the Regedit! – (For this info, go to the following Microsoft Help/Support) site http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=2222370 or search for "Attachment size exceeds the allowable limit" error when you add a large attachment to an email message in Outlook 2010, either by using "bing" or by using "Google" et cetera!

Xen Ovid-Sophron-Naso

Friday, January 14, 2011 2:06 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for sharing. It is really very helpful!

Monday, January 17, 2011 8:44 AM
  • Hi: It's my pleasure!

Thanks. Xen.

Xen Ovid-Sophron-Naso
    Monday, January 17, 2011 3:38 PM
  • Hello!

Thank you VERY MUCH for this.

We have been facing problems since the beginning of this year and this solution solved everything!

Now lets hope Microsoft corrects the error.

David Santos, Portugal

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 1:04 PM
  • Olá. Obrigado pela sua resposta gentil!

Hello. Thanks for your kind response!

Still learning Portuguese! Xen.

Xen Ovid-Sophron-Naso
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011 2:39 PM
  • I cannot find anywhere on the internet anyone else who has the problem of Microsoft Security Essentials 2011 wiping out my outlook 2010 and my screen saver settings, and my taskbar and start menu settings and every other setting i have?  Has anyone else experienced this?  It even changed the fonts on every program.  Fortunately, I have an IMAP email account and this time I was able to get my email back.  I also installed it 7 weeks ago on my other PC and the same thing happened to the Outlook, but the other things were fine.  I didn't know for sure if it was Microsoft Security Essentials 2011, but I figured in 7 weeks, someone else would have had the same problem and Microsoft would have fixed it.  This is a warning to those who have outlook 2010 and Microsoft Security Essentials 2010.  Do not go to 2011!!!!
    Saturday, February 12, 2011 8:18 AM
  • Hi there: Please note:> Microsoft Outlook 2010 & BCM 2010 are not compatible with Windows Live Essentials 2011 once these Office 2010 products are installed!

I am unaware of your "problem of Microsoft Security Essentials 2011 wiping out my outlook 2010 and my screen saver settings, and my taskbar and start menu settings and every other setting i have", as I never had experienced these problems of yours!

- It's either Windows Live Essentials 2011, or Microsoft Outlook 2010 with Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2010 but not both. So don't install Windows Live Essentials 2011 as this freebie software should be set to be hidden from the Windows 7 Updates and not installed within Windows 7 operating system at all, if installing any Office 2010 products/suites.

Please don't use Windows Live Essentials 2011 as that causes Office 2010 problems as in your case it might be incompatible with either your Windows 7 operating system or even your hardware as well. Just use the Outlook Connector link I've provided in my solution for usage within Microsoft Outlook 2010 & BCM 2010. Thanks. Xen.

Xen Ovid-Sophron-Naso
    Saturday, February 12, 2011 12:45 PM
  • Hi: Topic update - Feb 26th, 2011.  Please note:> Microsoft Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2010 is not compatible with either the ATIRadeon HD 3000 onboard graphics card or the ATI Radeon HD 4550 PCIe Graphics card as the ATI ccc software installs the later Microsoft SQL Server 2010 version which is which is not compatible with the previous Microsoft SQL Server 2008 version that's installed by Microsoft BCM 2010

Please Note:> Microsoft Outlook 2010 & BCM 2010 are not compatible with Windows Live Essentials 2011 once these Office 2010 products are installed!

Thanks. Xen.

Xen Ovid-Sophron-Naso
    Saturday, February 26, 2011 3:10 PM
  • Thank goodness for your post!!! I have been frustrated for months with Outlook / BCM crashing 5-10 times a day, and was ready to uninstall it if it wasn't for the amount of data I have in it. After reading your post I uninstalled Microsoft Live Essentials / SQL2005 CE and ... miracle ... everything works fine, no more crashes! Many Thanks!!!
    Tuesday, March 01, 2011 2:04 AM
  • Hi Victor-S1: I'm very happy that I've solved this problem for you as well! Thanks. Xen.
    Xen Ovid-Sophron-Naso
    Tuesday, March 01, 2011 3:34 PM