none
Error 1067 while starting VMM agent Service in SCVMM SERVER

Question

• Hi every one 

I Have Installed SCVMM SP1 BETA in Windows server 2012 RTM and managing Hyper-V Hosts.

After two three days, "System center virtual machine manager agent(SCVMM local agent)" service has stopped in SCVMM server.

I m trying to start service manually it is throwing me below mentioned Error

"Windows Could not start the system center virtual machine manager agent service on local computer"

"Error 1067: The process Terminated Unexpectedly"

I can manage all my Hosts without any problem, but my library server is  local scvmm server itself so i m not able to access Templates, ISOs etc that was created earlier.

Sql Services, connections all r running properly and Prerequisites are installed properly(WAIK of Windows 8 and SQL Command line utilities).

I tried Uninstalling and Re-installing the SCVMM SP1 BETA, it worked only for 1 day again the same problem.

I can add new library server but i don't want to do that,

Please give me suggestion to resolve this problem.

Thank & Regards

Ujwal datt

• Edited by ujwaldatt Wednesday, January 09, 2013 8:12 AM
    Wednesday, January 09, 2013 8:10 AM

All replies

• Hi There,

OS Server 2008 R2 SP1 std, latest patches

SCVMM 2012

the Service "System Center Virtual Machine Manger" cannot start any more, i got no idea why. I get the error ID 1067. I reinstalled the whole SCVMM witout any success.

Got any one of you an idea?

Best Regards

Friday, January 18, 2013 2:52 PM
  • Hi,

Did you change the VMM service account ?

Try to uninstall the agent and install it from the DVD ...

Cheers,

David LACHARI
    MVP Virtual Machine - VCP et VTSP vSphere 4.1
    Blog DansTonCloud
    Auteur du livre Hyper-v v2 sous Windows Server 2008 R2

Saturday, January 19, 2013 9:25 PM
  • Hi,

after the Problem accoured i tested other users for the VMM Service Account.

How can i uninstall only the VMM Agent?

Regards

Monday, January 21, 2013 8:38 AM
  • You can uninstall the VMM agent fom the Control Panel

David LACHARI
    MVP Virtual Machine - VCP et VTSP vSphere 4.1
    Blog DansTonCloud
    Auteur du livre Hyper-v v2 sous Windows Server 2008 R2

Monday, January 21, 2013 8:40 AM
  • Thanks for the quick reply!

Hmm i dont find that Option, i can only uninstall the SS Portal or Management Server and Console...

• Edited by DIGITsDust Monday, January 21, 2013 8:53 AM
    Monday, January 21, 2013 8:46 AM
  • I'm having exactly the same issue, installed on a new 2012 server, updated to roll-up 1 and am getting this error whenever the service is trying to start. My SCVMM service account and the SDK service account are both local admins on the server.

Monday, January 21, 2013 10:44 AM

• Just run through a trace and it all started to make sense, its an issue carried over from 2008, have a look at this thread for more information.

You need to run the following against your VMM databases

update dbo.tbl_VMM_GlobalSetting set PropertyValue=NULL where PropertyName='UpgradeTime'

update dbo.tbl_VMM_GlobalSetting set PropertyValue=NULL where propertyName='LastSQMEngineRefreshTime'

That resolved the issue for me.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-AU/virtualmachinemanager/thread/ee8991d3-693b-41fa-be2a-4e75523cc250

• Proposed as answer by FNK0ID Monday, January 21, 2013 11:06 AM
    Monday, January 21, 2013 11:06 AM
  • so many thanks,

Worked.

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 3:46 PM
  • Hi All,

I faced the same issue, when I have installed SCVMM 2012 Sp1 RTM in HA mode with Existing Database,

have already given permission to SCVMM Windows Cluster on Active Directory's Computer OU to create Computer object in AD.

and vmm-svc is also local Admin in SCVMM node 1, finally I have applied mentioned query in VMM SQL 2012 named instance and Started the VMM services from Windows Failover Cluster.

Error Details from Windows Failover Cluster of SCVMM: Generic service 'VMM Service VMM' failed with error '1067'. Please examine the application event log

Solution : copy mentioned Query and Execute it in SQL instance of SCVMM 2012 Sp1

--------------------

use VirtualManagerDB
     update dbo.tbl_VMM_GlobalSetting
     set
        PropertyValue = Null where PropertyName='LastSQMEngineRefreshTime'
     update dbo.tbl_VMM_GlobalSetting
     set    PropertyValue = Null where PropertyName='UpgradeTime'

----------------------------

Snapshot from SQL

Then Started the VMM role from Windows Failover Cluster to start SCVMM Services.

it will work !!!

I want to thanks my collegue Mr.Murali Joshi for helping me to Execute the SQL Query

Kirpal Singh

Friday, September 27, 2013 5:23 AM