none
Can't delete an image from the Picture lib.- Error its checked out to someone RRS feed

• Question

• We have an image in a pic lib and i'm the site Admin but can't get to delete
    It say error "Its checked out to someone"I told the person to login and try and delete it also no luck.
    I tried checking it in as an admin but i can't since the user needed to select some mandatory questions before checking it in.
    Any ideas how to force a delete.
    Thanks in Advance
    Monday, June 29, 2009 1:29 AM

Answers

• That means it was never actually uploaded completely, right?  The user tried to upload it but then didn't complete the check in screen where it required certain metadata.  It's in limbo, and the original user needs to edit it and fill out the metadata, then check it in.  It should be able to be deleted after that.
    SharePoint Architect || My Blog
    Monday, June 29, 2009 6:03 AM
  • Fixed it earlier.
    It wouldn't delete anywhere even in Exploer view mode etc...
    Especially if some fields were mandatory and it wasn't ploaded and selected properly.
    After i changed the mandatory bit it worked like a charm
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 5:48 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can do it in few ways.

1) You can open it in Explorer view and try to delete
    2) Or you can go with custom programming in visual studio(thriugh WSS 3.0 object model) i.e., open your library in visual studio, and write delete code for that particular file through system account.

Try these options, hope it works.

Thanks & Regards, Neerubee
    Monday, June 29, 2009 5:50 AM
  • That means it was never actually uploaded completely, right?  The user tried to upload it but then didn't complete the check in screen where it required certain metadata.  It's in limbo, and the original user needs to edit it and fill out the metadata, then check it in.  It should be able to be deleted after that.
    Monday, June 29, 2009 6:03 AM
  • Fixed it earlier.
    It wouldn't delete anywhere even in Exploer view mode etc...
    Especially if some fields were mandatory and it wasn't ploaded and selected properly.
    After i changed the mandatory bit it worked like a charm
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 5:48 AM
  • That was a bandaid, not a fix, though.
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 6:14 AM