How to export from Outlook 2011 to Outlook 2013? RRS feed

• Question

• As an Outlook user of old when I bought my Mac I was keen to try out Outlook 2011 for Mac which managed to import my Windows PSTs without any issues.

However, now I have a Windows 8 machine running Outlook 2013 I want to go the other way and I don't see any easy way of doing so.

I'm hoping that someone can tell me how I export all of my mail from Outlook 2011 to Outlook 2013 without having to buy a 3rd party tool given the investment I've already made in the Microsoft platform.

Many thanks in advance.

Many thanks and kind regards, Cliff Hobbs Microsoft MVP - ConfigMgr/ SMS (2004 - Present) Owner FAQShop.com - Giving You the FAQs | http://www.faqshop.com/wp/

Sunday, March 31, 2013 4:09 PM

All replies

• Yes, it is easy to move from Windows PC to Mac but while moving to Windows from Mac it becomes a difficult situation.

Outlook 2011 creates olm files which is not compatible for Windows Outlook edition they better support PST file format. This is done easily with outlook mac exporter for complete migration but as you don't need any third-party tool; you should try for manual method for moving from mac to windows.

It can be a tough situation for you as it needs a lot of time & asks for your patience.  But you can go for it as mentioned below:

1. First Setup IMAP Mail Account
    2. Configure Mac Outlook with IMAP Mail Account
    3. Synchronize GMail with Mac Outlook
    4. Move Emails to Mailbox of IMAP
    5. Transfer Emails in Windows Outlook from IMAP Mailbox
    • Proposed as answer by VBAToolsMVP Sunday, March 31, 2013 6:45 PM
    Sunday, March 31, 2013 6:09 PM
  • Hi Henry,

many thanks but this doesn't work and dragging and dropping the emails from the local Outlook 2011 data store onto the IMAP folders messes up the formatting. So looks I need to be looking at a 3rd party solution to do something that should be so simple and not out of the ordinary.

Many thanks and kind regards, Cliff Hobbs Microsoft MVP - ConfigMgr/ SMS (2004 - Present) Owner FAQShop.com - Giving You the FAQs | http://www.faqshop.com/wp/

Sunday, April 7, 2013 9:25 PM