none
Sharing Calendars with Users Migrated to O365 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

We are currently in the process of doing a hybrid migration but I'm having trouble allowing sharing of calendars between OnPrem mailboxes and O365.  I get a permissions error when trying to share my calendar via an email and if I try to add permissions for that user via right clicking it shows the user with the stop sign next to the user.  I have sharing enabled in ECP under organization.

Our environment is Exchange 2007 that holds all the mailboxes for our organization, an Exchange 2013 server that is acting as the hybrid configuration but does not have any mailboxes on it, and Office 365 tenant which we are wanting to migrate everyone to eventually.

Is it even possible for on premise users to share their calendar with Office 365?  If so what am I missing?

thanks,

Mike

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 5:53 PM

All replies

• Hello All,

We are currently in the process of doing a hybrid migration but I'm having trouble allowing sharing of calendars between OnPrem mailboxes and O365.  I get a permissions error when trying to share my calendar via an email and if I try to add permissions for that user via right clicking it shows the user with the stop sign next to the user.  I have sharing enabled in ECP under organization.

Our environment is Exchange 2007 that holds all the mailboxes for our organization, an Exchange 2013 server that is acting as the hybrid configuration but does not have any mailboxes on it, and Office 365 tenant which we are wanting to migrate everyone to eventually.

Is it even possible for on premise users to share their calendar with Office 365?  If so what am I missing?

thanks,

Mike

Not that way :)

Best thing to do is to move mailboxes that need to collaborate together to 365 at the same time.

The only supported methods in hybrid are listed here:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj200581(v=exchg.150).aspx

On-premises mailbox permissions such as Send As, Full Access, Send on Behalf of, and folder permissions, that are explicitly applied on the mailbox are migrated to Exchange Online. Inherited (non-explicit) mailbox permissions and permissions granted to objects that aren’t mail enabled in Exchange Online are not migrated.  You should ensure all permissions are explicitly granted and all objects are mail enabled prior to migration. Therefore, you have to plan for configuring these permissions in Office 365 if applicable for your organization. In the case of Send As permissions, if the user and the resource attempting to be sent as aren’t moved at the same time, you'll need to explicitly add the Send As permission in Exchange Online using the Add-RecipientPermission cmdlet.

Note that changes are coming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN6lsxKRrJQ

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 6:15 PM