none
Outlook 2010 Saved Drafts Display Time as None - Help? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I've been googling all afternoon to figure out why Outlook is doing this.

When an email is created and then SAVED as a draft, the time and date is displayed as none. The draft then will not be sent. What the user is currently doing is copying and pasting the subject/body of the draft into a new email and sending it that way. Which works perfectly.

Can someone please help me with this issue as it's really frustrating and annoying. Google has yet to fix my problem, just give advice on work arounds which doesn't actually solve the problem.

Cheers

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 6:33 AM

Answers

• Hi

Please make sure have input email address to To: , Cc: or Bcc: field.

Follow thest steps to send email from Draft Items:

1. Click Drafts in the left pane
    2. Double-Click the message you saved before in the reading pane.
    3. Click Send button

Check Sent Items folder, the message has been sent and display time and date.

Please take your time to try the suggestions and let me know the results at your earliest convenience. If anything is unclear or if there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Hope that helps.

Sincerely

William Zhou CHN

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Friday, May 13, 2011 5:17 AM

All replies

• Hi

Please make sure have input email address to To: , Cc: or Bcc: field.

Follow thest steps to send email from Draft Items:

1. Click Drafts in the left pane
    2. Double-Click the message you saved before in the reading pane.
    3. Click Send button

Check Sent Items folder, the message has been sent and display time and date.

Please take your time to try the suggestions and let me know the results at your earliest convenience. If anything is unclear or if there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Hope that helps.

Sincerely

William Zhou CHN

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Friday, May 13, 2011 5:17 AM
  • Hi,

I have the same issue... when an email is automatically saved to the Drafts folder there is no date/time stamp on it.

Can anyone help me get the date/time stamp to appear on a Drafted email?

Thanks
    Phill

SquireDude

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 6:48 PM
  • That is because the message has not been sent yet. You can replace the Sent column with the Modified column to be able to sort your Drafts by date.
    See; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/644

Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
    Outlook guides and more: HowTo-Outlook.com
    Outlook Quick Tips: MSOutlook.info

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 7:01 PM
  • > when an email is automatically saved to the Drafts folder there is no date/time stamp on it.

That is not the same as this thread, which is about the email not being sent.

> replace the Sent column with the Modified column to be able to sort your Drafts by date

Microsoft Office 365 does not have a Modified field. It does have Created field but the date is not updated when the draft is saved. The Received field is better because its date is updated when the draft is saved again.

Wednesday, August 30, 2017 3:38 PM