none
adobe acrobat RRS feed

• Question

• MY Adobe Acrobat 8  doesn't seem to be compatible with Office 2010. Has anyone else had the problem or can help?
    • Moved by ashawani_dubey Wednesday, April 28, 2010 9:46 PM Forum consolidation (From:Microsoft Office 2010 Application Compatibility)
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 8:26 PM

Answers

• I understand, thank you. After trying to repair if that does not work, you need to let Adobe know and find out of they have tested and support Office 2010. Also, you don't need Adobe to save a Word document in pdf. You can go to the File| Save As and click on the drop down of the types of files and pick pdf from it.
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 2:07 PM

All replies

• Could you please describe what you are doing, what Office application and what is not working for you? thank you.
    • Marked as answer by altego1901 Thursday, December 3, 2009 11:02 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by altego1901 Thursday, December 3, 2009 11:02 AM
    • Marked as answer by altego1901 Thursday, December 3, 2009 11:05 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by altego1901 Thursday, December 3, 2009 11:05 AM
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 10:32 PM
  • When I installed Office 2010 it found adobe acrobat 8.7.1 and included as an addin. when I first ran outlook, I got a repeated error message on the pdf addin, and deleted it. Although I still have the acrobat tabs on the menus in other aplications word, exel etc, the are inactive, since the addin is missing. If I try to create a pdf in acrobat from eg a word file I get the message 'missing pdf maker files. do you want to run the installer in repair mode, which I haven't done yet.

• Proposed as answer by irimawi Thursday, December 3, 2009 1:04 PM
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 11:17 AM
  • I understand, thank you. After trying to repair if that does not work, you need to let Adobe know and find out of they have tested and support Office 2010. Also, you don't need Adobe to save a Word document in pdf. You can go to the File| Save As and click on the drop down of the types of files and pick pdf from it.
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 2:07 PM
  • Thanks for the useful tip, which solves the short term problem. I'll also let adobe know, as you suggest
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 2:37 PM
  • I get an error message when I try to save as PDF. No additional information is supplied in the SW...

Any ideas? I could start lokking for addin...

Best Regards, Barry

Sunday, May 23, 2010 7:07 PM
  • This is a known issue and isn't Microsoft's problem, it is Adobe's problem. There is more info and a solution/workaround here... http://ptihosting.com/blog/it-blog/microsoft-office-2010-rtm-and-adobe-acrobat-incompatible/
    Monday, May 24, 2010 2:55 AM