none
searches RRS feed

• Question

• hello, I'm getting more and more complaints about searches failing, see below:

This happens in our 2016 production environment and in 2019 in our test environment. It happens with any version of MS Outlook.

Any ideas?

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 11:13 AM

Answers

• nice, I will spread the word and let you know. my immediate test was successful.
    • Marked as answer by jamicon Tuesday, May 28, 2019 7:18 PM
    Tuesday, May 28, 2019 11:17 AM

All replies

• Hi

What errors are you seeing in the event logs on the servers?

How is your server spec'd?

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 6:21 PM
  • Hi,

Do all users, or a part of users have this issue? Do these user mailboxes have something in common?

When do users have this issue? Using Outlook online mode or cached mode?

Do this issue occur when they use OWA?

If you are using Outlook with cached mode, please make sure "Mail to keep offline" is set to "All". File > Account Settings > Account Settings > Change Account:

Use the following command to check if the search index is enabled on databases:

Get-MailboxDatabase | Fl Name,IndexEnabled

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, May 23, 2019 7:04 AM
  • thanks for the reply.

there doesn't seem to be anything in common.

All DB's are set TRUE to index

no complaints for owa

happens to small number of random users ( that have reported it ) seen on big mailboxes and small mailboxes any version.

when this happens what exactly should I tell them, what can I check or do?

We have 3 physical dedicated servers under a single DAG each with attached storage SBOD 12 GB I/O 96 RAM. Had hardware all specked out and runs great, no over taxing of anything. BPA 99% green. We are 100% on-premise. Cache mode set to 12 mos all MS Outlook clients.

• Edited by jamicon Thursday, May 23, 2019 2:05 PM
    Thursday, May 23, 2019 2:04 PM
  • What about using Outlook Online mode, the same issue?

Do you try to create a new Outlook profile?

Try to rebuild outlook index:

1. Go to Control Panel > Indexing Options > Advanced > Rebuild:

2. When the Indexing is completed, close Indexing Options window and open Outlook. Check if it works.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, May 27, 2019 9:56 AM
  • nice, I will spread the word and let you know. my immediate test was successful.
    • Marked as answer by jamicon Tuesday, May 28, 2019 7:18 PM
    Tuesday, May 28, 2019 11:17 AM
  • this gave us some better results, still get errors every now and then.
    • Edited by jamicon Tuesday, May 28, 2019 7:18 PM
    Tuesday, May 28, 2019 4:21 PM