none
OneNote 2013 disable signin screen, send to one note clipping, and autoadd to startup

Question

• Please see attached screen shots. I wish to disable all of them.

One note is the only office app I have been unable to prevent asking to sign in. I have already disabled skydrive sync via group policy for all office apps but OneNote still asks a user to sign in. How do I disable this?

When OneNote 2013 starts it also starts this annoying Send to OneNote application that persists even after closing the main OneNote application. How do I prevent this from opening at all? It has a checkbox for "start with onenote" so there must be a registry key somewhere or something that I can preset that would prevent this from ever opening.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 4:05 PM

Answers

• 1st, add the following DWORD value in the registry (with a log on script) before the users have run OneNote:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\OneNote]
    "FirstBootStatus"=dword:01000101

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\OneNote\Options]
    "BootClippingPanelWithOneNote"=dword:00000000

2nd, remove the OneNote Notebooks folder from the following location (using group policy preferences):

%userprofile%\Documents\OneNote Notebooks

Max Meng
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by cyr0nk0r Thursday, March 28, 2013 2:36 PM
    Thursday, March 28, 2013 3:16 AM

All replies

• The first time OneNote 2013 runs it also adds the "Send to OneNote" application I mentioned above to the current users start up. How do I disable this behavior?

How do I disable quick notes during loading of OneNote. I want users to open OneNote and go directly to a blank note similar to how word and excel open and can be configured to go straight to a blank document.

All of these things I need to be able to either do in Group Policy or worst case registry modifications.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 4:06 PM
  • 1st, add the following DWORD value in the registry (with a log on script) before the users have run OneNote:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\OneNote]
    "FirstBootStatus"=dword:01000101

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\OneNote\Options]
    "BootClippingPanelWithOneNote"=dword:00000000

2nd, remove the OneNote Notebooks folder from the following location (using group policy preferences):

%userprofile%\Documents\OneNote Notebooks

Max Meng
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by cyr0nk0r Thursday, March 28, 2013 2:36 PM
    Thursday, March 28, 2013 3:16 AM
  • How can I do that with a policy from the Administrative Template?
    Thursday, March 24, 2016 2:52 PM
  • You can apply the registry changes in Group Policy.
    I would not delete %userprofile%\Documents\OneNote Notebooks as there is where One Note stores user notes.
    I'm running One Note 2016 so my path is 16.0 instead of 15.0
    In Group Policy under User Configuration\Preferences\Windows Settings\Registry.
    Right click on Registry, New, Registry Item.
    Enter the settings below.

Click OK and right click again on Registry, New, Registry Item and enter the information below.
    The word Options at the end of the Key Path is cut off in the picture.

Above Registry in Preferences, right click on File, New, File.
    Change Action to Delete, in the Delete file (s):, enter the full path you have above except use %username%.
    C:\Users\%username%\appdata\roaming\microsoft\windows\start menu\programs\startup\send to one note.lnk
    Click the Common tab and check Run in logged-on user's security context.

Tuesday, December 06, 2016 10:03 PM