none
Visio 2019 uninstalls itself RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there, I have Office 365 Home Premium installed (64 bit) and have recently purchased Visio 2019 Standard. The click-to-run installer won't even install, so I downloaded the offline installer and that will install, but whenever my computer does an update Visio 2019 is gone and I have to reinstall.

Microsoft Support have already done a remote session and installed it "their way" and assured me that the problem is fixed, but logging in this morning Visio is gone again.

Does anyone know how to debug this problem? I can't see anything in Event Viewer

Monday, January 7, 2019 3:56 AM

All replies

• Hi Nicky,

This is because you didn’t not add your Visio license to your Office 365 Home Premium. If this is not added/ registered the office update thinks that its unlicensed product and it removes.

Process for adding Visio to Office 365

1. Click on the App Launcher button and then on 'Admin' to open the Office 365 admin center.
    2. In the left pane, select 'Billing' and then 'Purchase services'.
    3. Find Visio Plan 2 in the list of services.
    4. Click on the trial link.
    5. Click on 'Try now'.
    6. Click on 'Continue'.
    7. Select 'Users' and then 'Active users' in the left hand pane of the Office 365 Admin center.
    8. Select the users to whom you want to assign the Visio subscription.
    9. Edit the Product licenses and enable Visio.

you can check ->install status or via office.com.

Hope this helps!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please don't forget to “mark the replies as answers” if they helped, also set "like" it’s a boost for us to keep blogging J

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated Community forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Kaizala.

Monday, January 7, 2019 4:12 AM
  • Hi,

Have you checked Thuyavan's suggestion above?

If there is any updates on the issue, feel free to let us know the results.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact: tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Thursday, January 10, 2019 8:54 AM