none
How can we differentiate users exists in particular group of Active Directory

Question

• HI All,

My Requirement in one of my project is like,i have 2 Active Directory Groups say
    Team Group and HR group..and members(users) total of 25..so i have to differentiate
    those 25 users in under which group will go...this i have to do in share point 2010.

can anyone get me out of this problem.

Thanks in advance,
    Naresh.
    • Edited by Naresh Thursday, December 15, 2011 12:37 PM
    Thursday, December 15, 2011 9:55 AM

Answers

• Hello,

So you can import those user groups through CA and can use them in your site collection

Thanks & Regards, Chandra Shekhar
    • Marked as answer by Pengyu Zhao Friday, December 23, 2011 2:12 AM
    Friday, December 16, 2011 5:54 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I think I understood your problem and I have two solutions:

1. If the users are already classified in the AD then you can import the profiles into the CA.

2. Else create a new SharePoint groups in your site collection called Team and HR and then add the individual users to these groups.

If the above solution is not appropriate please be more specific and do let us know so that we can help you better.

Thursday, December 15, 2011 10:22 AM
  • Hi shekhar,

the users are not classfied in AD,actually i have 10 groups from AD and users more than 100,so in my project iam sending mail through workflow by sharepoint designer 2010..so if any user inserts an item in custom list the mail has to go to his particular Managers group...

thanks,

naresh

Thursday, December 15, 2011 12:41 PM
  • Hello,

So you can import those user groups through CA and can use them in your site collection

• Marked as answer by Pengyu Zhao Friday, December 23, 2011 2:12 AM
    Friday, December 16, 2011 5:54 AM