none
how to show review tab when not composing a message? RRS feed

• Question

• several functions from review tab/menu are really useful. I would like them available when not composing anything.

how?

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 8:45 PM

All replies

• Certainly they're useful ones. I don't get your point why you need when you're not composing anything? Is there any specific reason?

DeVa, M.S., {MSFT} Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help

Thursday, February 28, 2013 1:09 AM
  • What version of Outlook? Did you try customizing the ribbon to add the buttons you like?

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
    Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center
    Outlook Tips
    Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook weekly newsletter

Thursday, February 28, 2013 2:00 AM
  • outlook 2010. Tried; the tab Review not available when customizing.
    Thursday, February 28, 2013 12:57 PM
  • Not all options from the Review tab can be made available when you are not composing a message. You can right click on the option and choose to add them to the QAT or create a custom Ribbon instead.

Another way to go would be to double click on the message and choose Edit-> Edit Message

Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
    Outlook guides and more: HowTo-Outlook.com
    Outlook Quick Tips: MSOutlook.info

Thursday, February 28, 2013 1:09 PM
  • I am thinking of using that dictionary function anytime: most time you have outlook on; it takes some time to go Google Translate, if i can type word even i am not composing any message in outlook.

I just want to have that Research pane anytime. I notice that when i am viewing an email, if you select a word, right click and you can get that pane open. However, if you click a folder, it goes away.

Outlook does not allow you add that option to the default window (when you open Outlook). MS makes a "cool" assumption that you will never use that Review functions if you are reviewing anything....

Monday, March 4, 2013 7:57 PM