none
uploading file to sharepoint doc library from acrobat reader demands authentication RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all I have a strange issue.

from one server when i oopen a pdf file with adobe acrobat reader and try to save it to a sharepoint document library it saves it without asking for authentication. but on another server when i try the save ' is asks for authentication.

I would be glad for a hint

Shlomy

Sunday, December 28, 2014 5:29 AM

Answers

• Hi Shlomy,

Please check your IE settings on the machine with issue:

Click gear icon -> Internet Options -> Security, check if you have added your SharePoint sites to Trusted Sites or Local Intranet.

If that is the case, please click Custom level and scroll down to User Authentication, uncheck the option "Prompt for user name and password", then check the option "Automatic logon only in Intranet zone".

In addition, does the issue occur to any Office client application? Please test the issue via Word or Excel.

Regards,

Rebecca Tu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by sakons Thursday, January 1, 2015 11:48 AM
    Monday, December 29, 2014 7:03 AM

All replies

• Check for the permission on document library. Check with other account like Site collection admin.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers or vote as helpful if they help.

Sunday, December 28, 2014 9:31 AM
  • Hi Shlomy,

Please check your IE settings on the machine with issue:

Click gear icon -> Internet Options -> Security, check if you have added your SharePoint sites to Trusted Sites or Local Intranet.

If that is the case, please click Custom level and scroll down to User Authentication, uncheck the option "Prompt for user name and password", then check the option "Automatic logon only in Intranet zone".

In addition, does the issue occur to any Office client application? Please test the issue via Word or Excel.

Regards,

Rebecca Tu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by sakons Thursday, January 1, 2015 11:48 AM
    Monday, December 29, 2014 7:03 AM