none
List rating settings not appearing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Team,

We have a SharePoint List for which the List ratings are not appearing. Even we turn on the list rating it is not saving. As soon as I refresh it change back to No automatically. However if i create the new list in the same site the list rating settings are working absolutely fine.

If I select the option" save list a template" of the affected list and create a new one from this, I am able to turn the list rating but still the list is not holding the ratings. When I am click the stars (golden stars are coming), it disappears when we refresh the list.

Please suggest what needs to be done.

Environment - SharePoint 2013

Affected setting: List rating setting

Afftected: 1 particular list

Affect on New list: Works absolutely fine

Regards,

Nilanjan

Thursday, September 5, 2019 10:34 AM

All replies

• When you create using a List template, the Settings of the list will be default list settings in which Rating Settings are set to No by default. If you do not have any data in the template then you can just change the Rating Settings. Else you need to create an empty list first using empty template, then mach all settings and then copy the data.

Thanks,

Harshal

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 5, 2019 12:04 PM
  • Hi Nilanjan,

What’s the permission of the account on the problematic list and the newly list which created from “save list a template”?

Per my test, only user who has at least “Design” permission on this list can save the rating settings and view the selected stars.

Otherwise, the rating settings will be not saved and the selected stars disappear after selecting stars and refreshing the page. But other users who have at least “Design” permission will view the selected stars from this user.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, September 9, 2019 2:23 AM
  • Hi Nilanjan,

I’m checking how the things are going on about this thread. Whether the post helps you?

You can mark the post as answer if it helps.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, September 16, 2019 8:05 AM