none
Database error Disk IO error occurred RRS feed

• Question

• Please help me my system mail exchange 2010 erro database

Database error Disk IO error occurred in function JTAB_BASE::EcSetColumn while accessing the database -1159

Information Store (15708) MB-DB-FF-002: An attempt to write to the file "N:\Mailbox Database\MB-DB-FF-002\MB-DB-FF-002.edb" at offset 4034985984 (0x00000000f0810000) for 0 (0x00000000) bytes failed after 0 seconds with system error 1392 (0x00000570): "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. ".  The write operation will fail with error -1022 (0xfffffc02).  If this error persists then the file may be damaged and may need to be restored from a previous backup. event id : 482

At '1/11/2016 6:53:01 PM' database copy 'MB-DB-FF-002' on this server appears to have a serious I/O error. To help identify the specific failure, consult the Event log on the server for other storage and "ExchangeStoreDb" events. Service recovery was attempted by failover to another copy. Failover was unsuccessful in restoring the service. Error: There is only one copy of this mailbox database (MB-DB-FF-002). Automatic recovery is not available. event id: 206

These mailbox in database cannot access

Thanks

Monday, January 11, 2016 12:28 PM

Answers

• Is the database replicated in a DAG? If not and you cant move mailboxes affected to another database, then you need to restore from backup.

Monday, January 11, 2016 12:45 PM
  • As Andy stated you would need to recover from backup, however that said you also need to figure out why this is happening and I would start by reviewing this article https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/314917

I have seen this happen for several reasons such as

1. using a SAN disk this is shared out with another machine so that is ends up corrupting the EDB or the LOGS and then the EDB in the process

2. AV software messing with logs and causing improper replay

3. Disk related IO issues caused by hardware

Before you restore from backup I would strongly suggest that you determine the cause else a restore is very likely just going to temp fix and then the beast will raise its head again.   I would also suggest taking the DB offline and copying it to an alternate location since you might be able to open it with a 3rd party tool like our DigiScope product to extract/restore any missing data to the restored DB from backup

Search, Recover, & Extract Mailboxes, Folders, & Email Items from Offline Exchange Mailbox and Public Folder EDB's and Live Exchange Servers or Import/Migrate direct from Offline EDB to Any Production Exchange Server, even cross version i.e. 2003 --> 2007 --> 2010 --> 2013 --> 2016 with Lucid8's DigiScope http://www.lucid8.com/product/digiscope.asp

Monday, January 11, 2016 5:05 PM

All replies

• Is the database replicated in a DAG? If not and you cant move mailboxes affected to another database, then you need to restore from backup.

Monday, January 11, 2016 12:45 PM
  • no DAG,

Standard one database exchange :(

Monday, January 11, 2016 4:50 PM
  • As Andy stated you would need to recover from backup, however that said you also need to figure out why this is happening and I would start by reviewing this article https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/314917

I have seen this happen for several reasons such as

1. using a SAN disk this is shared out with another machine so that is ends up corrupting the EDB or the LOGS and then the EDB in the process

2. AV software messing with logs and causing improper replay

3. Disk related IO issues caused by hardware

Before you restore from backup I would strongly suggest that you determine the cause else a restore is very likely just going to temp fix and then the beast will raise its head again.   I would also suggest taking the DB offline and copying it to an alternate location since you might be able to open it with a 3rd party tool like our DigiScope product to extract/restore any missing data to the restored DB from backup

Search, Recover, & Extract Mailboxes, Folders, & Email Items from Offline Exchange Mailbox and Public Folder EDB's and Live Exchange Servers or Import/Migrate direct from Offline EDB to Any Production Exchange Server, even cross version i.e. 2003 --> 2007 --> 2010 --> 2013 --> 2016 with Lucid8's DigiScope http://www.lucid8.com/product/digiscope.asp

Monday, January 11, 2016 5:05 PM
  • Dear  Troy Werelis

My event log system

error 

After error NTFS => my databases Exchange error

There solution?

I have error 3 times 

Thanks

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 11:40 AM
  • This issue can resolve by check disk. In exchange server need to stop all exchange services before start this step.

-Right click on effected file location drive then

-go to properties and click on tools tab and click on check under error checking frame. 

if you are using iscsi drives you will see message you can not run scan while windows running. If you see that message

- go computer management

-storage  ---> Diskmanagement --> select the drive location and bring down to offline and then bring back to online and try above mentioned steps again. 

you will get back your corrupted exchange database. This is the last option for the issue you have. 

all the best. 

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 3:23 PM