none
How to hide the navigation bar ? RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Michel,

Would you like to hide the entire bar or just some links on the bar?

Personally I would recommend just hiding the links from some users by using Audiencing, go to Site Action > Site Settings > Navigation(Under Look and Feel) and in the section "Navigation Editing and Sorting" select your link or heading from the right hang menu and click edit, this will open the below window

And here you set a target audience for your desired link. This will then hide the links from people who are not assigned in the Audience. 

To hide the entire bar from all user, here is some css, 
    http://www.codeproject.com/Tips/363642/Hiding-Title-Bar-Navigation-Breadcrumb-section-in

Regards, Pieter
    MCPD | MCITP

My Blog

Please remember to click "Mark As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if it was useful.

• Marked as answer by Michel777 Saturday, June 1, 2013 9:24 AM
    Saturday, June 1, 2013 9:09 AM

All replies

• Hi Michel,

Would you like to hide the entire bar or just some links on the bar?

Personally I would recommend just hiding the links from some users by using Audiencing, go to Site Action > Site Settings > Navigation(Under Look and Feel) and in the section "Navigation Editing and Sorting" select your link or heading from the right hang menu and click edit, this will open the below window

And here you set a target audience for your desired link. This will then hide the links from people who are not assigned in the Audience. 

To hide the entire bar from all user, here is some css, 
    http://www.codeproject.com/Tips/363642/Hiding-Title-Bar-Navigation-Breadcrumb-section-in

Regards, Pieter
    MCPD | MCITP

My Blog

Please remember to click "Mark As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if it was useful.

• Marked as answer by Michel777 Saturday, June 1, 2013 9:24 AM
    Saturday, June 1, 2013 9:09 AM
  • Hi Pieter,

thanks a lot. We would like to hide the entire area. We will offer all the funcionality on the pages and we need more place on the page. We have no secirity issue only lack of space.

Michel

• Edited by Michel777 Saturday, June 1, 2013 9:25 AM
    Saturday, June 1, 2013 9:24 AM