none
SharePoint 2013 External List not export to excel more than 2000 Limits RRS feed

• Question

• Hi EveryOne,

We want to export to excel more that 2000 records for external List

Regards,

Pankaj Salunkhe

Thursday, March 9, 2017 12:55 PM

All replies

• Can you give us more information ? 
    Ask to increase the display number in Central Administration. May be your list is limited to a display of 2000 items.
    Thursday, March 9, 2017 1:15 PM
  • Hi,

Yes, I can reproduce this scenario in my environment.

Here are two workarounds to export all external list items to excel for your reference:

1. Create several views to filter list items in external list and make sure each view has 2000 or less than 2000 items, then export each view to excel until all items have been exported successfully.

2. You can insert the SQL table into an Excel file directly instead of external list in SharePoint.

Thanks,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, March 13, 2017 12:31 PM
  • Hi,
    Is there any update?
    If my reply is helpful to you, you can mark as answer.
    Thanks,
    Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, March 20, 2017 1:31 PM
  • Hi Pankaj,

I suspect whether you are populating the all expected records in your external list first. May be you are allowed to get only default record count from DB to your external list.

To ensure this, use the REST api end point with top ? greater than 2001.

If you are not getting the 2001th record, then you have to focus on increasing the BCS  that scoped to database throttle.

$bcs = Get-SPServiceApplicationProxy | where{$_.GetType().FullName -eq (‘Microsoft.SharePoint.BusinessData.SharedService.’ + ‘BdcServiceApplicationProxy’)}

$BCSThrottle = Get-SPBusinessDataCatalogThrottleConfig -Scope database -ThrottleType items -ServiceApplicationProxy $bcs

Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the answer if it helps you

Monday, March 20, 2017 3:47 PM