none
No Sent Items in my Hotmail account. RRS feed

• Question

• I am unable to check if my e-mails went through. The sent item file is missing. How can I get those sent items as I find in the outlook mail. Please enlighten me.  Thanks. Jesudason
    Saturday, October 26, 2019 1:46 PM

All replies

• This can happen if your Hotmail storage is full. There are usually some warning emails leading up to the point, like "your storage is 99% full". They may have ended up in your junk or "Other" folder. Also, you may see better warnings if you open your account with Outlook online. I have experienced very similar and did not notice the subtle indications at first.

Clear some junk and non-essential emails down, use the sweep feature of Outlook online. Then try sending an email again. 

Regards,
    Pete

#PEJL
    Got any nice code? If you invest time in coding an elegant, novel or impressive answer on MSDN forums, why not copy it over to TechNet Wiki, for future generations to benefit from! You'll never get archived again, and you could win weekly awards!

Have you got what it takes to become this month's TechNet Technical Guru? Join a long list of well known community big hitters, show your knowledge and prowess in your favoured technologies!

Sunday, October 27, 2019 3:59 PM
  • Hi Jesudason,

Do you mean that the messages you sent will not appear in the Sent Items folder?

Did you encounter this problem with your Hotmail account on the web? Or your Hotmail account on Outlook desktop client?

If this issue happened on your Hotmail account on the web, then you can refer to the suggestions of Pete to clear your mailbox.

If this issue happened on your Hotmail account configured on the Outlook desktop client. In addition to clear your mailbox, it is also suggested to recreate your OST file. Besides, please make sure your have check the box of "Save copies of messages in the Sent Items folder" via File > Options > Save messages.

Any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 28, 2019 6:39 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

Please try the suggestions above and let me know the results.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 8:15 AM