none
Forward "Delivery Reports" mail to another mailbox RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to redirect, for one mailbox, some "Delivery Reports" email to another mailbox (only the email that contains "delivered" word in the subject).

I create a rule (in Outlook, in OWA, in ECP...) but the rule works only for the old messages, for new messages the rule doesn't works. I think because the "Delivery Reports" are different object (report) not a real mail object.

Ideas?

Thanks

Wednesday, December 18, 2019 8:32 AM

All replies

• Hi sialaser,
    First, I want to ensure if the "Delivery Reports" you mentioned is created as the picture shows.

If Yes, I think you may set the wrong keyword(why “delivered”), or some other rule with lower priority and ticked “Stop processing more rules” applied to the messages first. For my test, these messages can be affected by Transport rules and Inbox rules. Here is my rules, check the highlight part please. 
    Inbox rule:

Transport rule:

Regards,

Eric Yin

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 19, 2019 6:49 AM
  • Hi,

the rule are identical (no other rules exists).

For me the problem is on the mail type "Delivery Reports" are different object (report), not a simple mail object.

Could you try the rule for the mail the come back when your server aren't able to deliver the email (for example for a wrong address)?

Thanks in advance

Thursday, December 19, 2019 1:42 PM
  • Hi,

the rule are identical (no other rules exists).

For me the problem is on the mail type "Delivery Reports" are different object (report), not a simple mail object.

Could you try the rule for the mail the come back when your server aren't able to deliver the email (for example for a wrong address)?

Thanks in advance

I dont think you can forward system generated emails with Outlook rules. You may be able to do this with a mail transport rule however.
    Thursday, December 19, 2019 1:52 PM
  • Hi sialaser,

I have test Transport rules in my lab, can't affect system messages either.

By the way, I found a topic may help you:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/manage-dsn-messages-exchange-2013-help#forward-copies-of-dsn-messages-to-the-exchange-recipient-mailbox

Regards,

Eric Yin

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 25, 2019 9:47 AM
  • Hi, I'm here to confirm with you if your issue has been resolved. If the problem is successfully solved, you can share your solution and mark them or the helpful reply as answer, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Regards,

Eric Yin

Monday, December 30, 2019 9:38 AM
  • Hi, I'm here to confirm with you if your issue has been resolved. If the problem is successfully solved, you can share your solution and mark them or the helpful reply as answer, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Regards,

Eric Yin

Friday, January 3, 2020 10:09 AM
  • Hi,

I read your link, it is a possible solution, but I would like to redirect the DNS message only for one mailbox, not for all maibox.

Thank you

D.

Tuesday, January 7, 2020 7:52 AM
  • Hi, 

I'm afraid that can't be achieved in Exchange, since transport rule doesn't apply to system message, and you want to collect DSN messages for a  specific mailbox.

Maybe some third-party tools can do that, but I don't recommend to use them because we can't garentee their safety.

Regards,

Eric Yin

Friday, January 10, 2020 2:15 AM