My Calendar won't save reminders RRS feed

• Question

• I keep getting a message when I am saving an appointment: "The reminder for " " will not appear because the item is in a folder that doesn't support reminders. Is this OK?" I did not realize I created a folder that is not listed as a "personal folder," rather a "MobileMe Calendar." How can I move my calendar items saved in that folder and transfer it to the personal folder. Will that correct this problem?

Any suggestions will be most appreciated. Thank you for your time.

izeroin

Saturday, November 27, 2010 10:06 PM

All replies

• To calander Item:

Display the source calendar in a table view like By Category, use CTRL-A to
    > select all items, then drag-and-drop.

Bharat
    Saturday, November 27, 2010 11:02 PM
  • Hi izeroin,

In the releases of Microsoft Outlook preceding MS Outlook 2007, the reminders are displayed for the elements only if they are located in the basic folders for Calendar, Tasks, Contacts or Inbox. Additionally, these folders need to be default locations for incoming mail. If the user sets a reminder in an element that is external to this folder, the following message box will appear: The reminder for ‘Element Subject’ will not appear because the item is in a folder that doesn’t support reminders. Is this OK? – and the reminder itself will never appear.   This functionality has been changed substantially in the latest version of Microsoft Outlook 2007. Now reminders are supported in all folders: calendars, tasks, contacts and mail located in the default data storage . What is more, reminders are supported in other PST files located in the profile, which means enhanced capabilities for CodeTwo Public Folders.
        You
    want Outlook 2007 to show reminders for the elements located in C2PublicFolders tree, follow the steps below:
    1. Select the view “Folder list”  - in the menu choose Go, Folder list (CTRL + 6).
    2. Click RMB on C2PublicFolders
    3. In the pop-up menu, choose Properties for ‘C2PublicFolders’.
    4. In the Properties tab tick “Display reminders and tasks for this folder in the To-Do-Bar” and approve changes.
    Now when you restart Outlook, reminders will appear also for the elements located in C2PublicFolders. Appointments and tasks located in this PST file will appear in the To-Do-Bar.

Note! Appointments and events from Calendar folders that include reminders will not appear in the To-Do-Bar. This is standard behavior of Outlook

Regards!
    Gavin

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, December 1, 2010 7:54 AM
  • Hi Gavin,

Same problem with MobileMe and Outlook Calendar reminders and I couldn't get your suggestion to work with Outlook 2010.  When I click on the properties for  the "MobileMe Calendars," there isn't a "display reminders...." box like with other PST folders.  The MM Calendar isn't a PST, it resides on me.com.  Any more ideas?

Thanx!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 8:53 PM