none
Office 2010 compatibility with Office 2003

Question

• I am considering upgrading my Office 2003 to Office 2010 -- are there any compatibility issues I should be aware of before doing so?

Thanks.

JoeR11

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 4:40 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Office 2010 needs to be installed considering various it’s aspects and features which make it easy to use and simple. Microsoft has introduced the Compatibility Inspector tool, which evaluates the legacy code and alternatively fixes the compatibility of office 2010. It checks on the object model and detects the codes to match the existing legacy code. Office 2010 comes in different suites for different user needs. There are suites like Office home and student 2010, Office home and business 2010, Office standard 2010, Office professional 2010, Office professional plus 2010 and Office professional academic 2010. Every set of office software demands a different set of configuration. However the basic system requirement will remain the same for every Office 2010 suite. Therefore it is essential to download and install compatibility inspector which could do all the scanning beforehand. It generates a report after the scan to guide the users on the upgrade to Office 2010.

For the compatibility check tools, you can see here:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/ff460851.aspx#tab=1

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Thursday, November 04, 2010 8:37 AM
    Thursday, October 28, 2010 8:44 AM