none
SharePoint 2019 installation and VM image template for restoration in other VM's RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

1) I need to know if I could create a VM image (template) for SharePoint  2019 installation and could restore the same for other 30-40 VM's. Need to eliminate manual efforts in installing SharePoint.

Let me know if this is possible and how to do it?

2) Could I change the trial license to  full setup by changing the license key in Central Administration?. How do we do that?. Does it require PSCONFIG?. Will it have any impact on the current farm?

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 12:07 PM

All replies

• You can create a VM image prior to running the Config Wizard. In other words, you can install the pre-reqs, SharePoint, and your target SharePoint patch then sysprep the VM. Once you run the Config Wizard, you cannot do so. See https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/install/deploy-sharepoint-virtual-machines.

2) Yes, you can change a trial to full version by updating the key in Central Admin -> Upgrade and Migration -> Convert farm license type.

Trevor Seward

Office Apps and Services MVP

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2019

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2016

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Proposed as answer by Sara Fan Thursday, October 24, 2019 2:48 AM
    Wednesday, October 23, 2019 3:43 PM

• Hi Anurag Kaushal,

If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, October 24, 2019 2:48 AM