none
audit action on owa RRS feed

• Question

• hi all

I already enabled audit on all mailboxes but I noticed that it audits users action if the user access mailbox through outlook offfice (actions like delete item with subject name)but if the user access mail throgh outlook web access (the delete action is logged but not the name of the item) in the  the log of inetpub i found that when user delete mail or move mail,it only mention the action but not the item name or folder name

so is there any tool or log for recording owa action 

Friday, September 13, 2019 2:55 PM

Answers

• Hi om zeyad,

In Exchange server, we can only check the log for "logged", "deleted" actions from mailbox audit log. There doesn't exist other logs for it.

IIS log only logged for when user login and logoff, it doesn't logged for other actions such as "create" and "deleted".

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 16, 2019 5:27 AM

All replies

• Hi om zeyad,

In Exchange server, we can only check the log for "logged", "deleted" actions from mailbox audit log. There doesn't exist other logs for it.

IIS log only logged for when user login and logoff, it doesn't logged for other actions such as "create" and "deleted".

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 16, 2019 5:27 AM
  • Hi om zeyad,

I am writing here to confirm with you how thing going now?

If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as an answer for helping more people.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Friday, September 20, 2019 8:42 AM