none
Error importing design package RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to import a design package in a SharePoint 2013 site collection and I get 'Attempted to perform an unauthorized operation.' error. Please advise.

I am using site collection admin account.

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 10:32 AM

Answers

• The account I used (though it is Site collection admin) has deny policy at web app level which is prevented be importing the design package. after removing the deny policy it worked.
    • Marked as answer by MC ROY Monday, December 16, 2019 12:10 PM
    Monday, December 16, 2019 12:10 PM
  • Hi MC ROY.

That kind of error message usually includes a correlation ID: you should look for that correlation ID within the SharePoint ULS logs to get more detailed information about the reason of the error.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 3:53 PM

All replies

• Hi MC ROY.

That kind of error message usually includes a correlation ID: you should look for that correlation ID within the SharePoint ULS logs to get more detailed information about the reason of the error.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 3:53 PM
  • Hi,

As Luigi's reply, did you check the ULS log? I suggest you provide the detailed error message for further research.

And try to import SharePoint 2013 Design Packages using PowerShell.

Export and Import SharePoint 2013 Design Packages with PowerShell

Best Regards,

Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 3:15 AM
  • Hi,

Would you please provide us with an update on the status of your issue?

Best Regards,
    Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, December 16, 2019 7:09 AM
  • The account I used (though it is Site collection admin) has deny policy at web app level which is prevented be importing the design package. after removing the deny policy it worked.
    • Marked as answer by MC ROY Monday, December 16, 2019 12:10 PM
    Monday, December 16, 2019 12:10 PM
  • Hi,

Glad to hear that you solve this issue, thanks for your sharing.

Best Regards,

Dennis

Tuesday, December 17, 2019 1:09 AM