none
Hand Drawn Lines - Rotate: Flip Horizontal RRS feed

• Question

• I have some shapes made in Visio and some Hand Drawn lines that were made using the Microsoft draw tool. When I select them all together and use the Rotate tool and flip horizontal the shapes flip horizontally but the hand drawings flip both horizontally as well as vertically in what looks to be a mismatch of lines and shapes. In the previous version of Visio I did not have this problem. I have tried to group them first and I have the same problem. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced for your help.

Fipp

• Edited by Fipp Monday, June 10, 2019 12:45 PM
    Monday, June 10, 2019 12:45 PM

All replies

• Hi Fipp,

What version of Visio are you using? Please try to update it to the latest version to have a check. Does the issue occurs with all custom shapes with hand drawn lines? Could you share some screenshots with me to help me better understanding the issue?

Were these hand drawn lines created with freedom tool? If select these Hand Drawn lines, click Position to rotate, will it work properly? 

If you have any updates, feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 5:59 AM
  • Herb,

Thanks for the response. I will update to the latest version.

I believe that I have version 1902.

It occurs with all hand drawn lines.

I have no problem with shapes. 

I tried to upload the pictures but was informed that I am unable to upload pictures until my account is verified? How do I go about verifying my account? Thanks again for your help.

Dave

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 2:21 PM
  • I believe that the version that I have is the current version. I still am unable to upload a screenshot on this message board since my account is not "verified". The challenge with Visio and flipping my lines horizontally continues.

Thursday, June 13, 2019 10:44 AM
  • Hi Dave,

You can perform an online repair from Control Panel: Open Control Panel.From Category view, under Programs, select Uninstall a program. Right click Visio, and then click Change. In How would you like to repair your Office Programs, select Online Repair to make sure everything gets fixed, and then select Repair.

If you want to share the screenshots you collected with me to help me diagnose this problem, please remove the personal privacy information from them and send them as attachment files to the following mailbox that we use to collect the information: GBSD TN Office Information Collectionibsofc@microsoft.com. Please attach this link to the post in the subject of the email to help us differentiate messages.

Any updates, post them back to tell us.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 9:28 AM
  • Hi,

This thread has been around for a long time. Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. 

Thank you for understanding! 

Herb

Friday, July 5, 2019 1:11 AM