none
supportbility of Lync Mobile feature Services in Lync server with integrated CUCM(PBX)

Question

• Dear All,

I am planing to deploy  Lync Moblie feature services in our  Lync Front End server and Lync Edge server with Reverse Proxy environment and also planing to integrate  Cisco Unified call manager CUCM(PBX) to get features of VOIP,Voice Email etc....

Here my question is can we deploy  Lync Mobile feature Services in Lync server with integrated CUCM(PBX) and PSTN environment?

Does anyone had experienced in this scenario

Ambati

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 8:36 AM

Answers

• Hi Ambati,

I don't have experienced in this scenario. But I am sure you can deploy Lync Mobile feature Services in Lync server with integrated CUCM(PBX) and PSTN environment.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 8:37 AM
  • Yes, but to use the PSTN features on the mobile platforms that support it you will need a SIP trunk between Lync and CUCM.

Mike Stacy | http://mikestacy.typepad.com

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:33 AM
  • Hi,

Lync Mobile doesn't have much relation to integrating into CUCM.

Lync mobile does voice by calling out via the PSTN to the mobile, so in this case it would call out via CUCM top the PSTN. There should be no issue with this, it will be just like any other Lync EV call.

Tom

Tom Arbuthnot, Consultant Modality Systems
    Blog: Lync'd Up Blog Join over 300 UC Pros who subscribe for blog updates: Email or RSS
    Twitter @tomarbuthnot

Saturday, February 25, 2012 12:34 AM

All replies

• Can anyone respond on my request?

Ambati

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 2:14 PM
  • Can anyone respond on my request?

Ambati

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 7:40 AM
  • Hi Ambati,

I don't have experienced in this scenario. But I am sure you can deploy Lync Mobile feature Services in Lync server with integrated CUCM(PBX) and PSTN environment.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 8:37 AM
  • Yes, but to use the PSTN features on the mobile platforms that support it you will need a SIP trunk between Lync and CUCM.

Mike Stacy | http://mikestacy.typepad.com

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:33 AM
  •  Thank a lot for your information and i will try it  and  let you know if any issues occurred

Ambati

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 11:33 AM
  • Hi,

Lync Mobile doesn't have much relation to integrating into CUCM.

Lync mobile does voice by calling out via the PSTN to the mobile, so in this case it would call out via CUCM top the PSTN. There should be no issue with this, it will be just like any other Lync EV call.

Tom

Tom Arbuthnot, Consultant Modality Systems
    Blog: Lync'd Up Blog Join over 300 UC Pros who subscribe for blog updates: Email or RSS
    Twitter @tomarbuthnot

Saturday, February 25, 2012 12:34 AM