Outlook 2010 separating email accounts RRS feed

• Question

• Microsoft,

I have looked around the internet for a solution but they mainly deal with Exchange accounts. The issue I am trying to figure out is having two POP3 email accounts on the same Outlook Profile and separate PST Data files to have separate contact list for each box? I have setup the two accounts it works great but it always falls on the default contact list. I have a personal email account and a business email account on the same profile. Both have their own PST files but the contact list is set for my personal email account. How can I create a separation of the two without creating two separate profiles which makes my life hard to deal with having to jump in and out of Outlook to read mail. I would like to have the same folders and options that default has. Is there a way to do that?

Thank you so much

Greg Dreelin

Friday, June 8, 2012 5:26 PM

Answers

• 1. Please make sure your “default contact list” is not a suggested contact.
    2. Can you detail the exact behavior about “it always falls on the default contact list”, how you got to this point? By default, if you set the one PST as the default data file and add the contact through “Add to Outlook Contact” option, the contact would be stored in this PST.
    3. To manage your contacts better, I suggest that use some Outlook Contact management add-in.

Thanks.

Tony Chen

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Tony Chen CHN Wednesday, June 20, 2012 7:31 AM
    Monday, June 11, 2012 9:33 AM