none
Audience File Issue. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am having a lot of trouble fixing one of the features of Sharepoint for our Site(MOSS 2007).

Its the Audieces Issue.

Every time a new user is joined we add him to a ditribution list in Active Directory. This user should then appear on the sharepoint after the Full Import & incremental import of the User Profiles & properties is complete & the Audience is compiled.

But unfortunately, nothing happens, the Import Succeeds & the compilation also succeeds. But the newly added user does not appear on the Audience list.

I have added all the domains in the Audience. Also the Audience Rule is set to import the user if the user is a memeber of the Specified ditribution list.

Also, the number of members in the Active directory is less, when compared to the number of member shown in the Audience for the same ditribution list.

I hope i have explained it clearly.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Aadil

Aadil M
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 5:35 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

If the user is in nested groups for audience compilation, please use Universal Groups as a target for the audience.

Here are the Explanation of memberOf attritube from User Security Attributes (http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms677943.aspx)

memberOf

The memberOf attribute is a multi-valued attribute that contains groups of which the user is a direct member, depending on the domain controller (DC) from which this attribute is retrieved:

• At a DC for the domain that contains the user, memberOf for the user is complete with respect to membership for groups in that domain; however, memberOf does not contain the user's membership in domain local and global groups in other domains.
    • At a GC server, memberOf for the user is complete with respect to all universal group memberships.

If both conditions are true for the DC, both sets of data are contained in memberOf.

Be aware that this attribute lists the groups that contain the user in their member attribute—it does not contain the recursive list of nested predecessors. For example, if user O is a member of group C and group B and group B were nested in group A, the memberOf attribute of user O would list group C and group B, but not group A.

This attribute is not stored—it is a computed back-link attribute.

Hope the information can be helpful.

-lambert

Lambert Qin | Microsoft Online Support Engineer
    How to ask a question in the forum (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375)
    Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, May 29, 2009 8:37 AM